Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren, Sat 29 Oct, KO 3.00pm
We're finally back to ER Stadium and a repeat of the Irn Bru cup tie in which Hibs were 'streets ahead' of the Buddies and yet carelessly lost that game. Lets hope for a more controlled and incident free performance from Hibs with ultimately '3 pts in the bag' to cement our top of the league status. IMO we need to embrace our 'favourites tag' and push on from that decent win at East End Park. I watched St Mirren in that last match and Hibs are clearly a better side than this Buddies' team. Keatings is missing due to injury. So it's a revamp for Lenny with a possible return for Jason although I'd like to see Holt and Graham playing up front to see if they can add to their recent goals.
Lenny's likely line up will be:-

Rocky
Gray DarrenMac Hanlon Stevo
McGinn Fyvie McGeouch
Shinnie
Holt Graham

No complacency please. There's no doubt we'll have the bulk of the possession in this game but the 'trick' is converting some of the goal opps when they arise. Here's hoping we've finally 'turned the corner'!

GGTTH
Only 3 points will do.... Thumb up

Will Cummings start or will it be Holt and Graham.. Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
I think it's ultimately down to Lennon's faith in Jason 'sorting out his head' and being capable of contributing effectively by doing what he is reasonably good at - scoring goals! At the moment I expect Holt and Graham to start and show the manager if they can score the required goals.
hibeejim21 likes this post
I tend to agree 0762 ......like many Hibs fans I think Lennon got sick of the number of times Cummings threw himself to the ground looking at the ref for a freekick instead of using the situation he found himself in. Don't get me wrong nearly all good forwards know how to win freekicks and dare I say con the ref but there is quite an art in doing this and unfortunately Jason hasn't got it.
"FOREVER UNITED"
cant see holt and graham starting up front. 0762 is right its all going to be down to whether the manager thinks Cummings has got it together enough to redeem himself or not.

If not don't be surprised to see boyle play instead.

I think we have played better away from home so far this season,so hoping for a good showing.
Hope Boyle does play and out wide.......still like his pace.
"FOREVER UNITED"
He was hopeless in the last game v St Mirren at ER!
(26-10-2016, 18:04)0762 Wrote: He was hopeless in the last game v St Mirren at ER!

Boyle changed the game on sat wi his pace tho 0762 and on that performance he deserves a slot on sat imo
Yep! He was decent v Dunfermline but I hope he doesn't have a rerun of that insipid display v the Buddies at ER again! In his defence, he wasn't the only offender.
The problem with Boyle is that some games he can be anonymous, especially if he plays from the start. He seems more energised when being used as an impact substitute. In these games we are usually behind so probably gets a free reign to do and go where he wants whereas when he is on from the start he has to conform to the game plan.
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »