Thread Rating:
DA
And a 3-0 win with 20 shots on goal sounds more like a team performing to me. SEB nets twice and even Novak was keen to prove me wrong about him.

One thing about Saunders is that we shouldn't underestimate what a difficult job he took on. You could say that when Mr Cook showed a preference for the potential of Portsmouth, a rapidly declining sack machine for several seasons, over re-building a successful Chesterfield team that he realised would be broken up, he was picking the easier and better job. Mark Cooper's Swindon, widely-admired last season, needed a re-build this year - he didn't get beyond October. Last season a successful Orient side had an influx of cash which theoretically should have enabled Russell Slade to make a real promotion push - he was sacked, they were relegated. Re-building isn't easy, even for managers with a record of success. In a failing team a manager can even a ditch a fans' favourite to start with a clean sheet, but in a team that just missed out on promotion everybody is comparing what's come in with what's gone out ........ and the judgement is usually both cruel and fatal.
Not sure if we should compare ourselves with Swindon as I dont know how much money they received for their best players.
What a difference 4 days makes in football though.I now cant wait for Saturday to see our dynamic duo up front again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »