Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Middlesbrough v SWFC
we are fcuked its over goodnight !! thank god for that with the wimpish ways we go about things , the last thing i want is playoff heartache _
Brighton's bubble has burst & they will gradually fall back towards the pack. Burnley are no better than us and we might catch them by May. Ipswich are hot at the moment but I feel they are little better than us. If we can get winning away then top six is realistic.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
For once I'm optimistic after watching the Boro game. Yes we were a shambles for the 1st 20 minutes or so but after that we matched and then outplayed the so called best team in the league for long periods. Our best XI would have won that game. Get the vortex sorted, get Hooper signed for the season and maybe one or two additions (a CB who doesn't get injured would be nice) and we will be fine Thumb up With so many points to play for the top 2 is still not out of reach Cool
Wellowlbe... likes this post
and complicated
I think you are right Maddix, but its gonna be pretty ******* difficult cos those teams at the top, ie. Boro, Hull and Derby are very well backed and without doubt will be active in the January window putting the last pieces of their jigsaw together. Those teams are in the position of not daring to fail this time round. The likes of Brighton, Tractors and ourselves as well as possibly Burnley don't have this pressure on them....yet.
The huge long term problem that all these teams recognise is that next season the Championship will become vastly more difficult to get out of because of the likelihood of Sunderland, Villa etc with all their Premier league windfall monies dropping in to join us.
In spite of these concerns I still feel that given a run we could be well in the mix come end of season.
Ps. How about Bamford?
I wouldn't fear Villa coming down. The owner isn't interested and I can see them imploding and ending up in L1.
and complicated
Villa.. The next Wigan & Blackpool. The floors coming right out never mind the rug. players will leave, they'll need to stay within FFP and as Maddix said. their chairman's a bit like McCabe was over at the Blunts. He'll want his pound of flesh before fixing the club.

Clubs like Sunderland coming down are a worry to me
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »