Thread Rating:
John McGiinn back in Strachan's Scotland squad!
Maybe we could do something mental and play with two strikers
It is all very well saying, "lets play with two strikersl" instead of one striker but that could be the difference between us losing 0-1 and probably losing 0-4 or 0-5 to a top class side which would do none of us any good. I think strachan did try 2 up front in the last batch of friendlies and it just didnae work.

That said i'd like to see rhodes get more of a chance,but we have had plenty of players in the past who have struggled with the step up from the championship to international football too.

Does he play on his own up front for his club SCO ?
We don't play top class sides every game though.
True,but most of the time in the group we will need to play that way,if we had good enough midfielders available then perhaps playing two up top would be more feasible but he doesn't so he needs five there. You got to have someone who can hold it up. Fletcher and naismith are the best i've seen for that.

You have to try and keep the ball in international football and a 4-4-2 doesn't suit us i think.
We could always revert to the Levein method and play 'no strikers' eh!! Wink That 'ploy in Prague' was one of the all-time gaffes by an awful Scotland manager! Thumb down
That's fine Jim however Leigh Griffiths plays lone striker for Celtic and he's miles better than goal machine Fletcher.

Don't 0762 the most embarrassing moment EVER in Scottish fitba.
Call it one of the most unforgettable moments of all time for any Scotland fan Fredster lol - sadly for all the wrong reasons! Rolleyes
"That's fine Jim however Leigh Griffiths plays lone striker for Celtic and he's miles better than goal machine Fletcher."

Agree. But he is rotten at holding play up.

(13-05-2016, 10:38)0762 Wrote: We could always revert to the Levein method and play 'no strikers' eh!! Wink  That 'ploy in Prague' was one of the all-time gaffes by an awful Scotland manager! Thumb down

Leveins 4-4-2 got passed off the park v lichtenstein and needed an injury time goal to get a win. Ponder that for a moment.
(12-05-2016, 14:11)0762 Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36269191

It's noticeable that Strachan has rested various Celtic and Aberdeen players for these upcoming friendly matches v Italy and France but I must say I think John McGinn should also be omitted and given a rest after a long, demanding season. It's good to be recognised by the Scotland manager but there's a right time and a wrong time to play in these end of season matches!

He could carry a knock for these games. 

Whistle
Yup.

It looks like strachan has asked the managers for their opinions on this one. Some have said aye and some have said maybe leave it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »