Thread Rating:
John McGiinn back in Strachan's Scotland squad!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36269191

It's noticeable that Strachan has rested various Celtic and Aberdeen players for these upcoming friendly matches v Italy and France but I must say I think John McGinn should also be omitted and given a rest after a long, demanding season. It's good to be recognised by the Scotland manager but there's a right time and a wrong time to play in these end of season matches!
And wallace,mckay and paterson too Rolleyes 

Strachan has clearly spoken to the managers about inclusions,and at this stage of the season thats fair enough. 
Like you, I've recently watched John McGinn, and my comment is just based on the leg weary signs of a long season. It's possible there's an agreement to play him for part of a match and that would at least be ample recognition for a good young player who has had an impressive season with Hibs.
He might need to drop out if we win the cup,i'm sure the wee man will be understanding.
He left out Sparky and I'm a tad puzzled how he never gave Jordan Rhodes a chance in these matches - we're not exactly teeming with lotsa quality strikers!
How Jamie Walker is left out is beyond me maybe I'm
A bit bias but he is quality
I think it's prob because Walker is not performing consistently enough Fredster but you'll have a better knowledge than me re his Hearts form throughout the season and if injury issues have poss hindered his progress.
Haven't seen enough of walker to judge to be honest,whenever i have seen him he hasn't looked that great.
Cannot fathom why Rhodes is not even being picked for the squad let alone played when he does get picked!!!
(13-05-2016, 00:44)St Charles Owl Wrote: Cannot fathom why Rhodes is not even being picked for the squad let alone played when he does get picked!!!

Rhodes can't play as a lone striker, as far as Strachan is concerned.

The mark of a good international manager is his ability to shape his formations and tactics to best suit the players he has available, because unlike a club manager he can't buy players to fit his plan.

Strachan has his system. Rhodes - one of the best goalscorers of this Scottish international generation - doesn't fit it.

It's as infuriatingly simple as that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »