Thread Rating:
Alan Irvine Sacked (please post all reaction in this thread)
(01-01-2015, 01:46)BaggyBomber Wrote: Birmingham Mail.

Macari said: “A lot has always been made how Stoke and West Brom have approached the game but if you want to play ‘better’ football and lose then keep doing it.

“He won’t give a hoot about this supposed free-flowing football West Brom apparently play.

What did Macari ever know about football? Feckall.
He took Stoke to the dizzy heights of 2nd Division Champs, and got them their lifelong tag of "Hoofballers" (which Pulis resurrected years later after Macari's crap Club tumbled down the Divisions).
Stoke fans try to believe that we're their rivals. Bollocks! They've never won bugger-all (except the League Cup one year in the 70s); they're 40 miles from anywhere, so they like to think of us as a local derby - No. We couldn't care less about them and their neanderthal fans.
Stoke fans love hoofball - it's all they know. They're a joke Club who dream of their big derbies against Port Vale, and secretly wish they would drop a couple of Divisions to get a bit of respect.
....soft spot for the Potters then talkSAFT?
Official. TP in charge of game v West Ham.
(01-01-2015, 12:19)Stairs Wrote: Official. TP in charge of game v West Ham.

Where has this come from Stairs? the official club site say he will be watching from the stand. Anyone heard anymore on Downing? I am not to worried about keeping Deano, he is obviously a good goalkeeping coach.
Downing and Kiely seem to be going I've seen. Pulis is bringing some of his people.
(01-01-2015, 12:16)drewks Wrote: ....soft spot for the Potters then talkSAFT?

HaHa.
Their fans have a very high opinion of themselves and their Club.
And they really put the shits up me and a lot of innocent people 2-3 years ago outside the Royal Oak, Handsworth.
Mainly 16 y-o, but also some middle-aged Stokies threw beerglasses at anyone passing. The useless police stood there like Chief Wiggums afraid to stop them which, inevitably, got the yobs to show more bravado. I hate the barstewards!
Wow, talkSAFT! Probably wouldn't have posted the item if I'd realise it would raise the old vitriol within you, especially going into the New Year.

I agree with Lou's sentiments, though, and certainly hope he's right in what he thinks TP will do for us.
Interesting to read many of the Messiah Pulis comments when he was first appointed with many of the anti-Pulis comments coming true.....

(31-12-2014, 15:45)TheBaggieMan Wrote: I thought Irvine was a bad choice as HC but was prepared to give him a chance.

If the Pulis appointment is confirmed then God help us. We may stay up but watching the dross he serves up will be so very disappointing.

A couple of years ago I was suffering from insomnia. My doctor suggested I should go and watch Sjoke as he said that would certainly send me to sleep !

Zzzzzzzzz

This was my comment on the Pulis appointment back in December  2014.......

Not far wrong was I ?

Laugh

(30-12-2014, 13:55)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Tony Spewless had a dreadful transfer record at Sjoke with his buys. Very few of the players Spewless brought in turned out any good and cost Peter Coates (Bet365) a load of money with his misguided judgement of players. God help us if he was appointed and had full control of the ins and outs at the club.

He was hated at Sjoke for all the boring negative football he dished up with many Sjoke fans not renewing their season tickets. Living in North Staffs, all my mates are Sjokies who relish the prospect of Spewless taking control of the Baggies and producing the same on-field rubbish.

Eddie Howe, Tim Sherwood or Steve Cotterill for me.  The Three Puppeteers out !

Whistle
FFS Bring back IRVINE ......... NOW. DD Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Ubique.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »