Thread Rating:
Alan Irvine Sacked (please post all reaction in this thread)
Express & Dingle reporting Irvine has been sacked. Bad news is though "Assistant head coaches Keith Downing and Rob Kelly are expected to be placed in caretaker charge".

Sherwood already favourite for the job

Mail now reporting the same.

Onward and upward
That's the beginning, but it's far from the end. Now's the time to be ruthless. No more "jobs for the boys". Everyone in every department of this club has to stand up and be counted. Anyone who's been promoted beyond their level of competence - however likeable or eager they are - has to be re-shuffled to something they can do properly, and a replacement found who can actually fulfil the job description. Root out the complacency, give the employees (beginning with the playing staff) a good hard kick up the comfort zone, and let's cook up a plan for this football club that goes further than the next six months.

Okay, I'm now making this thread the designated place for all reaction to the sacking. Anything posted elsewhere will be merged into here.
Warnock's free. Laugh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
In the middle of everything else which'll no doubt be said in the coming days, I'd like to wish Irvine all the best for the future. He seems a nice bloke who tried his hardest in a difficult situation, and conducted himself with dignity even when getting flak from all sides, but he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. Big mistake all round.

Good luck, Alan.
drewks likes this post
I'd like to thank Mr Irvine for his hard work and dedication to the club. Based on what journalists close to the club have said in the past, he spent a lot of his free time, probably too much, working very hard trying to find a solution to our problems. That shows his dedication to the club and his desire to make it all work out for the best. I wish you all the best in the future Alan.

Now Mr Peace there are deep problems with this club that need to be addressed. I'm sure you know what they are so please sort them out this time.
Fingers crossed the right decision is now made and as quickly as possible. I actually do believe in this squad but there is a huge complacent culture within the club i really hope a strong manager is brought in and not another underwhelming appointment. The new guy has to be someone we can all relate to and get fully behind

[i]Decision taken with "regret but necessity" says the club
WEST Bromwich Albion tonight announce the departure of Alan Irvine as the club’s Head Coach.

Irvine leaves the club with immediate effect and has been placed on gardening leave.

Assistant Head Coach Rob Kelly, with the assistance of Keith Downing, will take charge of the team for the New Year’s Day game at West Ham. Albion expect to be able to name Irvine’s successor by the weekend.

Albion’s Technical Director Terry Burton said parting company with Irvine had been a matter of “regret but necessity” because of the team’s continuing poor results.

Albion have won only one and lost seven of their last nine Premier League games and enjoyed only four League victories all season. They currently lie 16th in the table, one point clear of the relegation zone.

Burton said: “We appointed Alan in the summer convinced that we had taken on one of the foremost coaches in the UK and nothing that has happened since then has altered our view.

“The individual progress of our players such as Craig Dawson and Saido Berahino are testament to that.

“But sadly that simply has not translated into results and they remain the ultimate currency of Alan’s position.

“Securing a sixth season in the Premier League is the over-riding target and sometimes unpleasant decisions have to be taken to serve that imperative.

“Alan has impressed everyone with his manner, dedication and diligence but he knows that results have simply not been good enough.

“We place on record our gratitude for his efforts and hold nothing but good wishes for his future endeavours. This was a decision taken with regret but sadly driven by necessity.”
@smadeley_star: Understand potential replacements been discussed for a while. Sherwood and Pulis are leading contenders. Club want a quick appointment. #wba
(30-12-2014, 01:38)Imre varadi Wrote: Dave jones maybe  Whistle

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH. DD Sick Sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN4tPkX0MG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUBLEi77Ig

Been waiting ages to post these. DD Thumb up Thumb up
Ubique.
Alan Irvine is a nice guy but...... nice guys come second. He may be a very good Academy coach with the youngsters and in a perverse way, it would have been nice to see him switch to that role with us.

With Irvine gone as HC, Phase One completed. What we need now is to rid ourselves with the common factor of Downing, Kiely and Kelly.

Tim Sherwood ?
Eddie Howe ?
Steve Cotterill ?

But please, please not that arrogant Welsh long ball twat Pulis !

Angel
Worldclassalbion likes this post
Great news, Rob Kelly and Downing should hopefully go too after the West Ham game. Why we have 2 joint-assistant head coaches just to keep Downing in a job I'll never know. Lets hope the new man is allowed his own backroom staff and we dont have to suffer from too many cooks spoiling the club.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »