Thread Rating:
Scottish League Cup semi-final - Hibs v St Johnstone
Planning to go if we can get tickets as easily as we did last year. I expect there will be no chance if it's Celtic in the final.
Is it worth going to; the league cup final?
It's Ross Co on 13 March - lotsa tickets available, no player eligibility probs and Hampden will be a sea of green n white! Lets hope we win the final! Thumb up
Amelia Chaffinch and ritchiebaby like this post
Well done ross county. Should be a great day out.
(25-01-2016, 22:00)0762 Wrote: This is the start of a crucial fortnight for Hibs in terms of maintaining interest and momentum in the cup tourneys - just stay positive and keep winning matches Hibs! Thumb up  The first of two games at Tynecastle is v the Perth Saints who will be tricky opponents even though their recent form has been indifferent. No doubt, they will 'raise their game'. However, it's interesting to note that Tynecastle is not one of their 'happy hunting grounds' when it comes to crucial matches played at this venue and here's hoping it continues. Personally, I'm not too interested in winning the League Cup (seen it won before on a number of occasions!) but it would be good for our younger fans + a final appearance for Hibs would generate welcome revenue for the club and vindicate Leeann Dempster's stance to hold to Premiership prices and wages. In a sell-out game, Hibs fans will hold the bulk of the tickets. So the guys will certainly be given solid support and encouragement throughout this match - should be an electric atmosphere! Stubbs will likely field his strongest side but what will it be? Is Anthony Stokes eligible for this cup tie? Also will Stubbsy still rotate players anyway as he does have various positional options to ponder? All will be revealed on Saturday.
Re Saint Johnstone, I think all the talk covers the situation re Michael O'Halloran and the threat he poses to Hibs. My hunch is the Saints' manager will sell the player if they lose this semi-final but that is not certain either. I'd still be wary of ex-Hibees, Liam Craig and Wotherspoon, a product of the Hibs Academy!

GGTTH

O'Halloran goes to the Govan club after all - I read the script like a book but still surprised that Saint Johnstone 'bit the bullet' and sold to these antagonistic c##ts/crooks who don't know how to behave pragmatically in such business dealings!! I guess 'money talks' as usual eh!! Thumb down
He was poor at the weekend but still their best player. I think he will become their best player pretty soon. Hope not though.
IMO he was well marshalled by Hanlon and Fontaine throughout this match - they never gave him an inch of space!
He was,but he was about their only attacking threat.

Ohalloran reminds me a bit of Kenny miller when he was younger,minus the goals of course.
£500k nice to see Sevco being robbed
The proper sevco forums had renamed him o,tarrier and o'taig....now he's the next messi.

I hope the kid enjoys the money,cos his performances will be the first for scrutiny,for "finger pointing' if things go pear shaped.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »