Thread Rating:
Doncaster News
Doncaster Rovers have signed Lincoln City winger Hakeeb Adelakun on loan for the remainder of the season.

The 27-year-old arrives having scored four goals in 24 appearances for the Imps so far this term.

He is Rovers' fifth signing this month following Conor Carty, Jay McGrath, Matthew Craig and Billy Waters.

I'm buzzing to be here and I can't wait to get started, get some games under my belt and hopefully get some success," Adelakun told the club website.

Adelakun created history when he made his professional debut with Scunthorpe, becoming the club's youngest player in December 2012 at the age of 16 years and 201 days.

After more than 150 appearances over six years, he went on to spells with Bristol City, Rotherham United and Hull - where he played under current Doncaster boss Grant McCann - before he joined the League One Lincoln in the summer of 2021.

Adelakun spent last season at Gillingham, where he scored once in 31 games.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Doncaster Rovers have signed Hull City goalkeeper Thimothee Lo-Tutala on loan until the end of the season.

The France Under-20 international, 20, came through Tottenham's academy before joining the Tigers in 2020.

Rovers are operating under a fee restriction in this transfer window after accumulating 30 days or more of late payments in the current year since 1 July 2023.

Doncaster are seven points clear of the League Two relegation zone.

Doncaster Rovers midfielder Ben Close has signed a new two-year deal with the League Two club.

The 27-year-old, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in January, has made 80 appearances, and 27 this campaign.

His new contract at Doncaster, who are 15th in the fourth tier, will run until the summer of 2026.

"I really feel the club is going in the right direction and I'm looking forward to being a part of it over the next two years," he told the club website.

Doncaster Rovers midfielder Tommy Rowe is one of seven players released by the club following the conclusion of their 2023-24 season.

Rowe, 35, departs having made 123 appearances for the club after joining from Bristol City in the summer of 2021.

Fellow midfielders Jon Taylor and Liam Ravenhill will also leave, in addition to forwards Maxime Biamou and Caolan Lavery, defender Charlie Seaman and goalkeeper Ben Bottomley.

Meanwhile, midfielder Hakeeb Adelakun, who scored nine goals in 21 appearances for Rovers having joined on loan from Lincoln City in January, has been offered a contract by the club.

Loanees Conor Carty, Matthew Craig, Tom Nixon, Billy Waters and Thimothee Lo-Tutala will return to their parent clubs.

Lo-Tutala made 18 appearances for Doncaster after joining on loan from Hull City in January and helped them to the League Two play-offs, where they lost to Crewe Alexandra.

Doncaster Rovers have made their first summer signing by bringing in Solihull Moors midfielder Joe Sbarra on a two-year deal.

The 25-year-old Midlander who had been released by the Moors last week, has penned a contract which also has the option of an extra year.

Both Sbarra and Rovers will start the 2024-25 season looking to put play-off failure behind them.

Rovers' League Two play-off semi-final defeat by Crewe came just five days after Solihull had lost the National League play-off final to Bromley on penalties - and the night before Moors lost at Wembley, again on spot-kicks, this time in the FA Trophy final.

Doncaster Rovers have signed winger Jordan Gibson on a two-year deal following his release by Carlisle United.

The 26-year-old, who has an additional 12 month option on his deal, scored 20 goals in 143 appearances over three years with Carlisle.

Gibson came through Rangers' youth ranks and previously had stints with Bradford as well as St Patrick's and Sligo in Ireland.

"I think he will excite the fans," said Doncaster boss Grant McCann.

"He’s very direct, wants to get at people, can score, can set goals up.

“He’s got a swagger about him, which I like and an air of confidence. I think he’s a very good signing for us.”

Doncaster Rovers forward Luke Molyneux has signed a new three-year contract with the League Two side.

Molyneux, 26, scored 11 goals last season, with five of them coming in Rovers' final eight matches of the campaign.

They missed out on promotion from League Two when Crewe beat them on penalties in the play-off semi-finals.

Doncaster say he snubbed interest from higher-division clubs to stay.

“I’m here to get this club back to where it should be," Molyneux told the club website., external

"You see how good we were at the end of the season. We’ve definitely got that to go again next year and I’m looking forward to seeing what happens."

Molyneux began his career at Sunderland and had a three-year spell at Hartlepool before signing for Doncaster in 2022.

Rovers manager Grant McCann told the club website: , external“I’m really, really pleased with this one.

“Mols has been tremendous since I’ve been here - not just with what he does on the football pitch. He trains well, he’s a good person to have around the place.

“The boys love him, the fans love him and I think this is a great piece of business for us.”

Doncaster Rovers have signed midfielder Harry Clifton on a two-year contract after he rejected a new deal at fellow League Two side Grimsby Town.

The 25-year-old joins on a free transfer and has the option for a further 12 months at the Eco-Power Stadium.

Clifton had spent his entire career with the Mariners, for whom he had played more than 260 times and helped win promotion from the National League in 2022.

"He plays with energy and bite and he’s a really good footballer also who can arrive late and score goals," manager Grant McCann told the Doncaster Rovers website., external

"He can play in all three positions in our midfield. Most of all, he’s a really good character who will fit right into our changing room.

"At 25 he’s at a great age to kick on and be a part of what we’re trying to do."

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »