Thread Rating:
2023/24 Scottish Cup - United We Stand
I guess the SFA got what they wanted.

The Aberdeen game had little quality on display but was epic entertainment, the sheep were very unlucky in the end not to make the final. They were unfortunate not to get a penalty near the end of the 90 too.

The other semi final was a damp squib, both teams were mince. Hertz doing their usual no show against the huns. Shanklands performance in particular was definitely suspect, its hard not to think we will be seeing that weird forehead with a sevco top over it next season.
Thanks to the incessant rain, I've now got too much time on my hands, but I don't intend to waste many minutes on this thread.

What is going on in the world??? Biden/Trump and Israel/Palestine and Starmer/Sunak - it's all down to the lesser of two evils in every contest. To be honest, I really couldn't care less who wins the Scottish Cup but as far as I'm concerned, I'd be voting for the lesser of two evils and choose Celtic over Rangers.

The final will take place at Hampden Park on Saturday at the proper time of 3pm. The match will be shown on cooncil telly on BBC One Scotland, starting at 1.15pm - surely a snorefest with over 90 minutes of meaningless drivel. It's also on Premier Sports 1 from 2pm.
Cabbage is still good for you
Well, I kind of got my wish thanks to Adam Idah's 90th minute goal for Celtic at Hampden this afternoon. The Norwich City loanee - even the mighty Celtic have to use them - has proved his worth with a goal every 76 minutes.

Otherwise it was an instantly forgettable game, only confirming the pecking order in Scottish football.
Easily one of the worst cup finals i can remember, partly because Clement chose to stifle Celtic with a low block and in the 2nd half when the game opened for them to have a go they didn't have the necessary quality to win it. 1st half aside Celtic were very poor as they have been a lot this season but they usually manage to find a way to win or not lose....and that's how it played out.

England will be glad Butland isn't going to the Euros, another massive howler from him today. I don't get the hype around him at all, ive seen him regularly looking weak with shots and his kicking is appalling.

After the game Clement made it quite clear what he thought of cantwell tossing him aside when he was moaning to the ref. All is not well in that dressing room.

Rodgers record against sevco is astonishing, he really does own their dark hearts.
The BBC extends their cooncil TV Scottish Cup deal for another five years.

Premier Sports also has live rights for the Scottish Cup while BBC Radio Scotland has radio rights for the competition.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »