Thread Rating:
Wandering Wycombe v Teething Problem Terriers
I think hogg is a necessary evil atm wakey, I wouldn't want O'brien or eiting doing that role and I definitely wouldn't want bacuna doing it either.

Is it time for Austerfield who looked to have real potential to have a gig in that spot, who knows. One thing I would say, when we are up against a physical side like the last 2 games, with a 3rd and 4th on the horizon, hogg is the sort of player that won't shirk it unlike some. Maybe we just gotta accept his passing is naff at best and have to deal with it for now.

Campbell I agree with, ward is getting more minutes under his belt and I imagine if he starts more, we as a team will shoot more as he's always been fond of an effort or two. Would he get on the end of some of mbenzas crosses, maybe, but I'm not sure yet if he's a winger masquerading as a striker or if he's now an out and out striker who would gamble on those crosses ala a Jordan Rhodes. We also have Phillips in the wings, who is a striker and has been scoring at the levels below the first team, I'm interested as to how he goes, plus harratt when he's back.

One things for certain... Adama is a no go bye bye.

Mbenza is fast becoming one of our better players and seems to be the most likely to score or create something.

We miss pipa with how direct he is, think that's why he tried bacuna there to see if he could do the same. From the preseason games, I'd be hugely tempted to throw Rowe in as he probably is the same as pipa in terms of style.

Another thing id say is 5 subs, we use 3, used what 2 on Saturday. Make the most of them whilst we can. But sometimes I wonder why certain players are on it, like do you need brown and 2 cbs even if it's a young talented one? Surely a versatile player like Rowe and a different sort of midfielder like Austerfield or diarra would be better options, especially until vallejo is deemed fit enough for action
Lord Snooty likes this post
Another day, another door, another high, another low
It feels like Phil has said to Carlos that we've got Diakahby,Mbenza,Hamer,Pritchard and he needs him to turn them into footballing wizards.

Hamer has doone ok, the empty stands have probably helped him.
Mbenza is showing glimpses that can improve
Diakahby- His contract can't run out soon enough for me
Pritchard- Wins one race for me, thats the race to get rid of a player first. At no point last night watching that garbage did i think you know what, i think we could do with Pritchard here.

We still await the return of Elphick although in truth i'd rather we invest in giving Edmonds Green and Crichlow a run out in front of him and Stearman when i think about it.

Young Phillips has been scoring for fun but despite our chairman saying we have 5 strikers CC gives me the impression he doesn't think he's ready yet despite making the bench last night
Those chances we created last night, Jordan Rhodes would've had five again.

And young Phillips scored again for the B team this afternoon.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
(25-11-2020, 20:47)Lord Snooty Wrote: Those chances we created last night, Jordan Rhodes would've had five again.

I'd disagree about Rhodes getting five although i would say that Rhodes often offered nothing to the game but more than made up for it by banging in the goals. On the otherhand Campbell offers nothing to the game and doesnt score the goals we need either
(26-11-2020, 11:16)WakeyTerrier Wrote:
(25-11-2020, 20:47)Lord Snooty Wrote: Those chances we created last night, Jordan Rhodes would've had five again.

I'd disagree about Rhodes getting five although i would say that Rhodes often offered nothing to the game but more than made up for it by banging in the goals. On the otherhand Campbell offers nothing to the game and doesnt score the goals we need either

Well I think that's it, Rhodes could probably do what Campbell does to an extent ie run after a defender a little bit, but it's the stuff in the box he'd do a hell of a lot better. Key question is, what do we want, a striker who scores 15+ or a striker who is essentially a defender? I know which I'd pick
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Campbell has never been a 15+ striker though. He needs that player alongside him.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »