Thread Rating:
Luton & Middlesbrough vs WBA - Match Thread
Utterly pathetic! No creativity, no passion, no feckin ability. Technically extremely poor. Whoever thought appointing Bruce as manager should be sacked but the players are abysmal. I exempt Andy Carroll from this who I thought fought manfully and Grady Diangana in patches. Townsend seems to have lost any ability to defend, head or cross but, apart from that, he was excellent. Reach was pointless and Grant made no contribution. Our only consolation is that we probably have enough points to avoid relegation
Slick_Footwork and baggietrousers like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Somehow we've managed to go back 20 years in 2 years...

We have accumulated a squad that is the most inept I've seen for a long time. It shows how easy it is to destroy a club. All it takes is a few bad decisions, poor transfers and this is what happens. I did predict last season that if we were relegated the dark days would return, but I think our good start to the season led me into a false sense of security. Recently, I've come back down to earth with a bang.

The people in charge of the club, particularly sanctioning the transfers, clearly have no idea what they are doing.

In Grant, Grady and Zohore, we have a £40m strike force... Doh

We now have this new CEO in place, but if his first decision is anything to go by - appointing Bruce - then I'm not convinced he's any more knowledgeable.

Don't get me wrong, I've come to the conclusion than nobody could get this lousy squad promoted. Clearly our early season form under Ismael had a lot more to do with teams giving us more respect than we deserved, rather than us actually being any good. But even so, Bruce's selections scream of someone who doesn't have a clue...

Adam Reach is a reserve left back at best. What Bruce sees in him in the middle, I can't fathom. He can't pass, can't cross, can't tackle.

And why doesn't he take the likes of Grant off when they spend the entire game anonymous? What an absolute waste of money.

Don't get me wrong though, you can't blame Bruce for Connor Townsend, Furlong, Semi Ajayi and the like constantly passing it to the opposition. I fear it's going to take us years to get promoted again after the destruction of the last few years. Are any of this squad Premier League quality? The only one who possibly might be is Dike, and we can only say that because we haven't seen him. The lads that are playing week in week out wouldn't look out of place in the league below.

I think we're going to need a better manager than Bruce to perform the miracle of getting us promoted in the coming years...
BaggieSteve and baggietrousers like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »