Thread Rating:
The Long Good Friday Thread
(22-04-2021, 23:30)BaggieSteve Wrote: You’re right, it’s about opinions and that’s the fun of it. I’m afraid I’ll never share your view of Diagne because I think he has nothing going for him except nuisance value; however, to be a nuisance you have to put yourself about, and I feel he rarely imposes himself on the opposing defenders. From my perspective, we’re fortunate he’s on loan and can go wherever at the end of the season, just as long as we don’t sign him. Having said that, if we offer HRK another contract then I’ll firmly believe the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Leicester are a very good team but we made them look world beaters tonight. I can accept they’re technically streets ahead of us but I can’t accept the lack of basic ability that we showed tonight, combined with a lack of desire and commitment. I’ve criticised Diagne but probably only Johnstone came out with any credit. The rest were all dub standard.

I think Diagne is just an out and out goal scorer really. He seems to come to life when there's a chance to get a goal, like when he bullied Lindelof for the goal against United.

But I think if you want someone that provides that hustle and bustle from open play, running the channels, work rate, he not the man. So I understand your thoughts, wanting a bit more from a lone striker.

I just think he always looks a goal threat.

No chance of signing him when we go down, but I honestly think he would score a hatful in the Championship and be the perfect foil for Pereira.

Granted tonight, I too was shouting that he should be replaced after 30 minutes. When the game is gone, give others a chance.

I think tonight it was a combination of them being technically superior and on form and us being technically inferior and off form. I've watched Leicester recently and that was by far their best performance with Maddison back. We seemed to come out trying to attack in numbers and they just picked us off. It was a bad day at the office but I can't imagine we can be that bad at the weekend, surely not...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »