Thread Rating:
Gayle charged for diving
Confirmed - Dwight Gayle will be banned for #wba’s trips to #avfc and #qpr after accepting his charge. More @expressandstar

Maintained he was trying to jump out of the way I'm surprised they didn't appeal the pictures appeared to show contact ...
But obviously not, what a shame everybody isn't accountable for diving I mean what made them pull this one out the bag ??
As Amelia said what about the others and what about Hugills last week that was the most blatant dive I've ever seen yet not mentioned anywhere Huh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(14-02-2019, 20:27)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Confirmed - Dwight Gayle will be banned for #wba’s trips to #avfc and #qpr after accepting his charge. More @expressandstar

Maintained he was trying to jump out of the way I'm surprised they didn't appeal the pictures appeared to show contact ...
But obviously not, what a shame everybody isn't accountable for diving I mean what made them pull this one out the bag ??
As Amelia said what about the others and what about Hugills last week that was the most blatant dive I've ever seen yet not mentioned anywhere  Huh

IMHO other cheats diving doesn't make this one any different. Yes they should all be punished obviously but Gayle deserves this ban and we deserve better.
Ska'dForLife-WBA and WBA-Josh like this post
Drewks, I agree with your sentiment, he cheated he is punished but when players of the FA's gentleman's club get away with it weekly, players from lesser clubs feel they have to do it as well, try to balance the decisions ..... Why only the clubs not fashionable with the media, sky, FA etc get pulled up over it ......
Not justifying Dwights behaviour but can understand why.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
4eva, I know what you mean, but as I've said, in MY mind, seeing someone else getting away with something illegal doesn't in any way make it acceptable for you to do/try.
It is still cheating. Pure and simple.
I think part of the reasoning here is that the dive resulted in the ref giving a penalty, so by definition he conned the ref. There has been an increase in cases of players being booked by refs during the game for what he perceives as a dive, that is not reviewable after the match if the ref deals with it on the pitch. Can't comment on others particularly but it has to be a case of the ref being conned by the dive and the evidence clearly showing it as a dive. VAR next season should solve some of this in the PL and allow refs to deal with this on the pitch.
The ONLY way to stop this cheating is to hit them in the pocket HARD if it's proved irrefutable. These nancy-boy footballers probably welcome a 2-match ban so they can have a week or 2 sniffing cocaine. Fine the b*stards 20% of their annual salary - it's the only language they know.
Even young kids are copying them now, so The F.A. have got to sort it out. It's probably not even on their agenda, though, - same as wrestling at set-pieces, which has hit ridiculous proportions (because FA have done F-A about it).
BaggieMan likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
He cheated. He deserves the ban. But obviously the FA need to be consistent and do this every week and especially in Premier Legaue.

He won us a point by cheat and could lose us 3 by not playing this weekend. So it’s not even justifiable!
(15-02-2019, 15:56)Stairs Wrote: He cheated. He deserves the ban. But obviously the FA need to be consistent and do this every week and especially in Premier Legaue.

He won us a point by cheat and could lose us 3 by not playing this weekend. So it’s not even justifiable!

Very true, Stairs. Big Dave should just coach crap players like Liversalts to do the Somersalts. Wink Wink
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Ban for Hernandez coming up, if the FA dare to enforce the rules on West Ham - now that WAS cheating of the lowest order Angry
(22-02-2019, 22:17)bomberbrown1968 Wrote: Ban for Hernandez coming up, if the FA dare to enforce the rules on West Ham - now that WAS cheating of the lowest order  Angry

The media are not making much of it? Will be forgotten by the morning  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »