Thread Rating:
Blues vs WBA - Match Thread
I got slammed pretty early on in Pardew's reign for calling him a clueless muppet and I'll probably get slammed for what I'm about to say...

But with Darren Moore at helm, we have absolutely NO CHANCE of going up. We're just going to watch the inevitable inconsistent form of win one, lose one, draw one until he gets sacked with us in mid table obscurity (if we're lucky, on that evidence). It's a hiding to nothing. Just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

I hope I'm wrong because I loved Darren Moore as a player but it's already obvious that he's not getting the best out of this squad. As for Jones, he's made no difference either.

I missed the Bolton and Norwich games earlier in the season because I was away but I've watched everything since and we've been largely dreadful, the Stoke game being the exception (I'm not counting QPR as that was a gimme). What is apparent to me is that he simply can't see problems and correct them. He has no plan B. Today it was obvious the formation wasn't working, but he didn't tweak it. What did he think was going to happen? The same dross that has failed in away game after away game and continued to fail in the first half today was suddenly going to click?

I've now watched us get massively outplayed against both Forest and Blues and ride our luck to draws. Middlesborough was almost the same, but on this occasion our luck ran out. On all of these occasions, we are the side with better players.

Now don't get me wrong, Moore hasn't been dealt the best hand. We have an aging squad and we haven't invested much. But still, we have players to be playing better football than this. Blues are a very poor Championship side with no game changers, yet we've just made them look outstanding.

The formation is too rigid, we have square pegs in round holes, nothing between the lines. Our midfield is none existent, yet he persists with 3 at the back (none of which have any pace or ability to carry the ball) and a flat 2 up top. The 2 up top never get any service to link up because we are outnumbered in midfield and never get to play through it. Phillips spends most of his time operating at full back so has to beat both their wide midfielder and full back to get on the offensive. It might work at home when teams play deep against us, but it's blatantly obvious that it doesn't work away.

To be honest, I'm already sick of it. Darren Moore obviously has the right footballing principles and it's clear we are 'trying' to play, but the formation is all wrong. The majority of our players have serious limitations on the ball and are being left in the sh*te by his defensive formation. I was cringing ever time any of our centre backs had the ball and tried to play between the lines because they kept giving it away. Dawson and Hegazi in particular looked like they were Blues most dangerous attackers.

This team has a few dashes of quality but we seriously lack bottle, belief and a winning mentality. Moore isn't going to install that belief in the team playing a defensive lineup with 3 centre backs. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win a game away from home until his inevitable sacking.
talkSAFT and BaggieMan like this post
Last 15 we dominated...
15 Mins to go Barry replaces Brunt!!!
Enough said Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I think Big Dave definitely needs a plan B for away matches. At home the current system (3412) works because teams sit back and defend so there’s space to make it work. Away however is where the system falls flat especially defensively with our dodgy wing-backs and slow centre backs.

If he wants to make this starting 11 work in every match then he needs to use different systems for home and away. For example, the 3412 at home is good but away it has to be a 4231 with Rodriguez or Barnes covering the left wing and Dawson at right back.

He simply cannot keep persisting with this shape in away matches because we’ll end up being an inconsistent side that is good at home but poor away. If he does keep persisting he’ll become as stubborn as Pulis and Pardew were and that isn’t a good trait to have.
Oh dear here we go again = Birmingham have drawn 5 of 7 matches, losing only 2, and we are in 5th overnight, and most people are already rubbishing Moore, give him ruddy chance. 
I also understand what you are saying, however we play Bristol on Tuesday -  a top team at this moment, and we may see another team playing - I hope.  
Give them a chance and get behind them. Doh
Zinman likes this post
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
i have to say watching it was painful. Slow, lethargic, boring. Only once Phillips got the ball did it look like something would happen, have to feel sorry for Gayle and Rodriquez as there is simply nothing, no service to them, just tippy tappy football at the back, then a missed placed pass from one of them, then the three of them to try and defend, ball back to Johnstone, tippy tappy, miss placed pass, start again.
(15-09-2018, 09:52)Baggie_One Wrote: i have to say watching it was painful. Slow, lethargic, boring. Only once Phillips got the ball did it look like something would happen, have to feel sorry for Gayle and Rodriquez as there is simply nothing, no service to them, just tippy tappy football at the back, then a missed placed pass from one of them, then the three of them to try and defend, ball back to Johnstone, tippy tappy, miss placed pass, start again.

Still got a draw didn't we = 1pt !!
 We do that on away games and win at home we have a chance of play-offs - wait to Tuesday to see if an improvement.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
Currently running at about 1.6 points a game, total about 73 points for the seaso, not sure if that would even be enough for the play-of s. Good news is we finish the weekend exactly where we started, four points off top spot in ninth place. We are still getting to grips with playing football after years of pulisball and we will hopefully improve our points return. A manager who's career to date is thirteen matches needs to develop and build / formulate plans b and c, he will learn but will it be soon enough to save this season .... time will tell.
Come on, but we got a point what's that all about ?
We have struggled away all season apart from Norwich and we had to score Four to win,

If we play like this AWAY for the rest of the season with this personnel and formation we will get stuffed more often than not,
We did not deserve a point a Forest , Blues , nor Boro where our luck ran out , some guys need to see the Bigger Picture, against Better teams with Better strikers we would be four points worse of than we are now, Point at Forest point at Blues who also missed a penalty , Two against Stoke if they has scored their penalty although at home that was a OK Performance, that would have left us on 7 Points 2 above the drop Zone.
No clean sheet this season, lucky not to concede 3 or 4 on Friday. 3 penalties conceded in 7 games. The defending has been criminal this season and Friday was as bad as it has ever been. Thankfully Blues finishing was non-league standard but if your happy with these performances away from home it wont be long before we loose more than we draw, Away from home something has to change, and how Moore can keep picking Brunt in CM is mind boggling Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »