Thread Rating:
The Club with no pies v Town - Prima Donna League 19/08/2018
No Mooy. No Hogg. No Zanka. No problem.

Come on Tooooooown.

(17-08-2018, 21:30)Lord Snooty Wrote: He's a total funkwit.

Badger I reckon Martyn Tyler mentions the 10-1 match in the first ten minutes.

14th minute it got mentioned.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
No pies before kick-off, no pies at halftime. I bet they'll blame that Mrs.Tweedy.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Well that was awful.
Well, that was a battering. Pep took us seriously for once and with most of our regular midfield throwing sickies we were on a hiding to nothing, and we got one. No probs, I said from the off that our season starts next week against Cardiff and that is how it will be.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

Wagbo and Smithy post-match on Radio Leeds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06hws42

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06hwt9g

Apologies to Mooy, not on a sickie, waiting for his missus to drop a joey.
A guide to cask ale.

Quote from Andy Hinchcliffe.
"Terence Kongolo will be able to tell his grandkids that he was once kicked by David Silva."
As though he was a non league player in an FA Cup game rather than a full international for the Netherlands. Doh  Doh  Doh
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Twitter Scaegoats:
Ben Hamer. Pre season -  Played well in the friendlies, should be in ahead of Lossl.
Now - He's shit!
Well, all things considered. That was absolutely pathetic and gutless.

Tactics completely wrong, no hindsight about it, us playing out and out defensive doesn't work. Man city last year was a fluke, chelsea were all over the shop with the conte fiasco, but we also had our lives at stake.

Today without that hanging over us, we flopped and flailed around like a fish out of water. It was truly a pathetic sight. Not one person on the pitch or on the bench can come away with any shred of dignity. Players and coaches alike. The fans who went should be reimbursed by those that played today at the very least, yes its not millions of miles away, but people still paid hard earned money to support the side against all odds. We were never likely to win, sky had it at 8% but we didnt even fight. We lost 5-1 as a championship side there against aguero et al with our reserves and still put up more of a fight.

Think from today all the players have to look at whether what they did today was acceptable, did they do their best, was that of the standard expected or set by everyone around the club, the answer I feel and hope is no.

Dw and the coaches also have to look at everything too, question whether its the right way to go about things, the players looked like strangers, the first goal was a pure embarrassment, the staff have to question the tactics because today showed parking the bus like that and being so negative has poorer results than trying to test the opposition. We go into games against the bigger sides already defeated even though we talk of fighting for everything. Talk is cheap.

Anyways onto next weekend. We should hopefully try to play a better version of Huddersfield town football.
We looked like a bunch of strangers who had just met in the car park before the game.
6-1 really was flattering to us as it could've and should've really been at least 8.
Hamer, last week dodgy distribution. This week, well the less said the better, I'd be amazed if he starts against Cardiff.
From what I could see were trying to play a tight back four along the width of the penalty area but time and time again our wide midfielders and Pritchard in particular failed to track back and protect the back 4
Missing Hogg and Mooy was devastating for us as we lacked that midfield general and somebody who can actually put a bit of quality into a pass..
Billing went from my MOTM last week to probably one of the worst on the pitch. Sabiri was subbed after offering what seemed to be nothing
Mounie- stranded up top in isolation, that's when he wasn't 20yrds deep in our own half.
Having said all that City were slick and a joy to watch, if I were a bookie I'd be paying out on them winning the league already

Catering at City, no pies left in the middle tier 30minutes before the game, some eventually arrived 5minutes into the second half with cheers to greet them like we'd scored a goal/
City fans, shockingly quiet and easily agitated by our support which is quite embarrassing for them considering who we are.
Not a lot of positives to take from that dismal performance.
Why do we always play so badly away from home against a top team? Do we not think we can't give them a game?
I know we had a few injuries, but the replacements really looked like league 1 quality.
Best thing about yesterday was that Adama Diakhaby came on and looked a reet player. Hope he gets a start next week.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »