Thread Rating:
The Club with no pies v Town - Prima Donna League 19/08/2018
Massive ask to try and compete with the best team in the history of English football missing so many key players - Zanka starts every game and Mooy/Hogg/Williams are our established midfielders. Some people seem to have short memories expecting us to set up to 'have a go' at the big teams - we tried that last season and got pumped whereas when we went more 'defensive' we got draws at Chelsea/City then more than competed with Chelsea last weekend for most of the game. We set up okay, but we were so weak, highlighted by Stankovic and Sabiri both starting.

Positives:
N/A

Negatives:
- Is Billing good enough for this level? Probably the worst player on the pitch yesterday and for me his performance v Chelsea was overrated by many. Goes missing far too often despite his obvious potential.
- We've shown that when we're missing Mooy/Hogg we can't keep possession of the ball and don't press anywhere near as effectively
- Starting Pritchard, as good as he is, in games like this, means we're effectively playing with 10 men
- Hamer deserved his chance after a good pre-season but has all but handed Lossl the starting spot for the rest of the season now
- Schindler's worst game in a Town shirt

This City team will pummel many this season and I'd expect them to hit 6+ quite a few times, but the manner in which we lost was unacceptable. The only plus side is we'll definitely set up to beat Cardiff, hopefully with 2 of Diakhaby, Mbenza and VLP starting to add some much needed pace.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Have to disagree about refunding fans. Watching Town these days is a privelage, even yesterday.
Agree with Cas about Schindler. Worst I've seen from him, but he's had some enormous performances in his time here, so he's allowed an off day.
Billing has copped for a lot of flack. But he's like a lot of our squad who got promoted above their ability level. It's a shame as by now he should be a top Championship player.
Hamer. Kept the score down. Yes he was like a rabbit in the headlights for the first, but it was the magnificent Schindler who was at fault. Yeah he dropped one at Aguero's feet. A lesser player there and he just picks it back up again uncontested. How many mistakes did Lossl make last season? Quite a few so don't hang Hamer yet. Having said that, I want Jonas back on Saturday.
Pritch, Sabiri, Flo, all passengers. Stanks looked like a centre back out of position and I don't understand the thinking behind this. But congrats to him on his first goal for the club.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »