Thread Rating:
craig thomson
This ref, Craig Thomson, has "gone off my radar" in recent times until I watched the bbc highlights of Rangers v Motherwell and this imbecile is "at it again"!!!! Simple question: "Why is this useless referee still being given top footie matches"????? What an embarrassment and the words MATCH FIX definitely comes to mind as a suspicion. McHugh "done" on a yellow card by that serial actor, Morelos; then he gives a dubious pk and second yellow card to McHugh while missing a stonewall pk against Tavernier!!!???? Deja vu and just look at the massive content against this ref that followed my original OP against Thomson and this subsequent OP by hibeejim is also fairly significant!!! It was great to see Mikey Stewart on bbc Sportscene scrutinising another shit ref performance while his other two colleagues tried hard to justify this shit without referring to proper footie rules n regs! What happened to the SFA ref monitoring that has somehow allowed this moron to influence match results!!!??? He has done this many times down the years and been allowed to do so!! Absolutely baffling!!
hibeejim21 likes this post
The refs are going to give sevco every assistance to 'narrow the gap' this season after scouse stevie 'called the dogs' out on them after the first game at pittodrie.... and continued with others including collum who was suddenly, mysteriously unfit to ref our game at pittodrie.

It still amazes me that fans just think the refs are just pish and not corrupt when the evidence against the SFA and their officials has long been out there.
0762 likes this post
Going back 50 years when I started supporting Hibs it was common knowledge that certain referees were biased towards Rangers. It was reasoned that some were Rangers supporters themselves and some held high office in the Masonic lodge but few were classed as being incompetent.
It is obvious to most long term supporters, of any team, that refereeing standards have dropped considerably over the years but I think it has more to do with rules and their interpretation being much harder to understand and implement in todays game. In any given situation when a persons interpretation of a rule is required it stands to reason that 2 people will see things differently. When the rules of the game were set out it was done so that everybody could understand how and why decisions were made but the powers that be have tweaked and altered them so much that nobody understands them.
hibeejim21 likes this post
"Going back 50 years when I started supporting Hibs it was common knowledge that certain referees were biased towards Rangers"

Many of them boast about their "interventions" on the after dinner circuit to this day wattie. I don't think it's changed that much in all honesty, The level of corruption involved to try and keep rangers afloat at the expense of Scottish fitba showed it.
0762 likes this post
You could be right hebeejin21 I think most teams have suffered because of the odd "honest mistake" but that makes the rest of them dishonest and corrupt, then there are all the dodgy penalties to consider.
I listened to the recent SFA announcement that Andrew Dallas has been appointed as the ref to officiate the upcoming Betfred Cup final, Celtic v Aberdeen. All I can say is I've lost all faith in the ability of the SFA to practise effectively. Dallas is an exceptionally weak and poor referee who has had years to improve his image of being "extremely poor" and consistently "ruining matches" and "losing control" on occasions!!! Yet the SFA assign this top match to him? Nuts!
(12-11-2018, 17:07)hibeejim21 Wrote: The refs are going to give sevco every assistance to 'narrow the gap' this season after scouse stevie 'called the dogs' out on them after the first game at pittodrie.... and continued with others including collum who was suddenly, mysteriously unfit to ref our game at pittodrie.

It still amazes me that fans just think the refs are just pish and not corrupt when the evidence against the SFA and their officials has long been out there.

Watch the refereeing and AR performances at today's game at Tynecastle, Hearts v Rangers, and be enlightened eh!!! Wowwwww!!! Hugely contentious and the words MATCH FIX stick in my throat - highly suspicious and yet our biased sports media will "sweep it under the carpet" - we'll just ignore that eh!!! Rolleyes
Saw it on sportscene. Just blatant cheating from the officials again. No way did the linesman not notice the offside players, it was in his line of sight and he had the 18 yard line to help him. Beyond blatant.

That said compare the insipid display yesterday from tommy robinson FC (even when the huns had 10 men) compared to the blood and thunder stuff they dish up against us and celtic at tynecastle.
Finally the subject of this OP, Craig Thomson, announces his retirement from refereeing!! Two words from me: GOOD RIDDANCE!! One glaring stat I'll refer to is the fact that Hibs have won only 4 or 5 games under Thomson since his ref inception in 2004-05!! That covers a period of approx 14 years and has always been highly suspicious as well as Hibs NEVER winning an Embro Derby match under his officiation!! Couple that with his ST holding at Tynecastle in the 1990s and one wonders why he was never "vetted" much like the English FA practise as normal!! Also the fact that Thomson was actually a poor referee anyway never "helped his cause" esp after some of the scathing comments from Euro footie managers of teams that Thomson f##### up with some shocking ref decisions when he wore his undeserved FIFA badge!! IMO the cheat who "got away with it" apart from his 12-16 month discreet SFA suspension from Embro Derby matches that began in the autumn period of 2012.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »