Thread Rating:
craig thomson
"Fuming" referee Craig Thomson refused to co-operate with broadcaster BT Sport on Saturday and started the second half of St Johnstone's home game against Celtic a minute early, clashing with commercial breaks. Thomson is thought to have been angered by criticism of him made on the channel by pundit Chris Sutton.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

What an absolute tadger. He should really be getting the bullet,but hey its the SFA we are talking about here.
The man thinks he is GOD nothing but a complete idiot in everyones eyes ............... SIMPLES

0762 is a BIG fan of his jim Whistle
Almost as much as me mate Laugh
Astounding decision if true!!!! The tv deals in Scotland are poor enough to start with but crap like this will be remembered by the tv companies come renewal time!!

He is definitely not on 0762's Xmas card list, in fact I have heard that 0762 blames Thomson for the Brexit result as well as everything else!!!! Whistle
0762 likes this post
Lol! Brexit definitely Thomson's fault as well! Wink I watched a rerun of Chris Sutton's criticism of Thomson on BT Sport - 'bottling it' when he refused to give Rangers Forrester an easy second yellow card v Dundee for dangerous play in two different incidents and Sutton was absolutely right - a shocker by a ref who should've been 'found out' years ago!! This ref has so much 'history' about him, where do we start? Coincidentally Forrester scored v Motherwell in Rangers following match and he should have been in the Ibrox stand as a spectator!! Rolleyes
hibeejim21, St Charles Owl, ritchiebaby like this post
Suttons a bit of an erse,but he was bang on about thomson not sending that rangers boy off. Shocking refereeing.

The following game at perth was up to his usual ridiculous standard. No questioning of any scottish ref is allowed ever,or they might even go on strike ffs....even when they have been caught out. This guy and his incompetent colleagues are a shambles and treat scottish fans like fools.

Really pisses me off.
0762 likes this post
That's the 'story' of the SFA and 'protecting their own' apart from Dougie McDonald who was 'let out to burn' after a strange clash of opinion between his Assistant Referee and him at Tannadice! IMO the difference between McDonald and Thomson was 'chalk n cheese' but I'm biased because I knew Dougie McDonald when he 1st broke into the Premiership refereeing elite group that the SFA try ever so hard to protect.
BT Sport apparently told by the SFA to 'muzzle' Chris Sutton and their other pundits if they want referees to cooperate???? This ultimatum 'beggars belief' and veers away from the main criticism that Scottish refs poor performance!!! It looks like Thomson and his misfiring Scottish cohorts were 'at it' again in Euro CL footie at Salzburg when he handed Dinamo Zagreb a qualifier booster with some more huge gaffes re stonewall PKs that would've 'killed off' Zagreb - one of the big talking pts in Euro footie last week - Salzburg the latest victims and a lotta dosh lost in the process!!
(29-08-2016, 01:14)0762 Wrote: BT Sport apparently told by the SFA to 'muzzle' Chris Sutton and their other pundits if they want referees to cooperate???? This ultimatum 'beggars belief' and veers away from the main criticism that Scottish refs poor performance!!! It looks like Thomson and his misfiring Scottish cohorts were 'at it' again in Euro CL footie at Salzburg when he handed Dinamo Zagreb a qualifier booster with some more huge gaffes re stonewall PKs that would've 'killed off' Zagreb - one of the big talking pts in Euro footie last week - Salzburg the latest victims and a lotta dosh lost in the process!!

Sutton is causing mayhem on those BT commentaries Laugh

Whilst it cant be nice for someone of thomsons immense ego to be called a "bottler",its got to be better than "incompetent" or "cheat" which are both more accurate in my book.

Maybe they will threaten another strike if the poor wee souls get criticised again. I wouldnae put it past them.

In the words of walter from the big lebowski "xxxx amateurs".
I couldn't agree more re your description of Thomson - incompetent and a 'cheat' to boot but that's IMO and I'm one of many thousands of fans who saw through Thomson's disguise to call it as it is! The sooner he f#### off out of Scottish footie, the better! But it still doesn't clean up the mess that is evident within our refereeing system that is a protected institution they want to be free from criticism even though the top officials are pulling £1000 a match! Rolleyes
hfcbounce and hibeejim21 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »