Thread Rating:
Stubbs to Rotherham
Hughes 4/1 favourite
Their average crowd last season was over 10000, in a modern purpose built capacity stadium of 12000. The atmosphere created apparently was excellent which of course can inspire players. Compare that to a 21000 capacity stadium that most of the time we could barely get 9000 and created a relatively poor atmosphere a lot of the time. Its not the size of the ground but how you fill it?

Warnock has been there and done it and decided that this challenge was not right for him and possibly looking for a bigger club.....if indeed he wants to get back into management at this time. Stubbs is looking for experience in a higher league which RUFC can give him. + more money and closer to home......no brainer.
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Think the board will have done their prep work,and we will make a quick appointment.

Can't see it being yogi,petrie and him never got along. Would take him in a heartbeat myself fred.
Steve Evans' name has just been bandied by SSN. Good God, no!
Yogi, McCall or Owen Coyle with Yogi the favourite? McCall must have a decent chance because of his previous association with Leean Dempster at Motherwell FC. However, like hfcbounce, I don't like his Rangers links at all and hope Hibs board members call it the same way. As for Yogi and Owen Coyle, what do we actually want in order to push on positively from a historic Scottish Cup triumph? Do we wanna revert back to a 'hoof baw' style of playing footie?? These guys look reasonable options but they don't inspire! I agree that Hibs will likely move swiftly for Stubbs' successor and I'll cling to the hope that Leeann will possibly 'pluck another rabbit out of the hat' but will make a wise appointment after following a similar interview process as she did when she finally appointed Stubbsy. 'Time is of the essence' and I'm sure 'the wheels were already in motion' as soon as Hibs' club statement was released re Stubbs' interest in talking to RUFC officials. Also with Stubbs gone, there is a concern that some Hibs players may wish to move on as well and this is where the new incoming manager must satisfy certain prerequisite attributes - a proactive working relationship with players and staff, an expansive philosophy re providing an effective footie team to entertain at ER, an impressive long-term plan of improving Hibs and preparing to move to a higher level and most importantly, a solid organiser of Hibs footie ops 'behind the scenes'.
I think mccall would be a reasonable shout,wouldn't be too unhappy with that.

The 'ginger ninja' neil lennon is now joint favourite.  Laugh That would set the cat among the pigeons for sure.

coyle is almost certain to be approached i reckon,especially if the stories about him wanting to return to scotland are true.

Yogi wouldnae be exciting but he would be solid and get the job done.

evans,jackie mac and judas mcleish would make me cry...
Pat Stanton 'chipping in' this morning on bbc sport radio with a similar view that the new Hibs manager applies the same kinda style of footie that Stubbs tried to maintain at ER. I think Stubbs also had a knack of attracting fairly decent players to ER Stadium and that's a pre-requisite that possibly McCall certainly had at Motherwell FC and he still has strong contacts in English footie. However, as said previously, his Rangers links bother me and I'd hope that Rod and Leeann clarify his position in a fairly extensive interview to see what all potential candidates have to offer, esp in the long-term. One strength that the 'wee ginger ninja' would have is a reasonable association with Celtic's hierarchy in poss acquiring certain players on a short-term basis but how different he would be in stature and manner compared with Stubbsy!! I personally can't see Rod, or Leeann for that matter, being attracted to Lennon in a working relationship but he may be deceptive on the persona front - he could be OK! I notice one manager, who is not mentioned, is Northern Ireland's Michael O'Neil and the reason for that is because of the upcoming period of commitment for the Euro Championship finals in France - IMO we can't wait for him but I suspect he'd be interested in the Hibs manager's post!
Has O'Neill not just signed a 4 year deal?
O'Neil signed a 4 year contract in May but I'll guarantee he'll have a set buy out clause in his contract to talk to interested parties if such a scenario cropped up.
Not be cheap to buy out though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »