Thread Rating:
Stubbs to Rotherham
Reports this morning saying that Rotherham United have asked permission to speak to him for their vacant manager's job.
Do you think he would go?
I truly think he's for the off mate.

If nothing is happening at Bolton I think he is gone also.    Sad
"FOREVER UNITED"
i would honestly hope he's a wee bit mair ambitious than rotherham. surely any manager worth hisv salt wid like a shot in europe given the chance GGTTH
I like stubbs a lot and i think he's a good guy,i like the way he talks about the game. But ultimately he failed to take us up which must have been the main objective.

2nd half v sevco is how we should have been playing a lot more in big games this season. I'm surprised he is being linked with any championship gig.
Rotherham are not a bad side playing in the second tier of English Football with a big challenge ahead of them. With games coming up this season against Aston Villa , Newcastle, Leeds United etc , more money and close to home he will be tempted. It will bring him more to the attention of bigger clubs in England especially if he turns their fortunes around 

As for our chances in Europe.... Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
why is stubbsy always being linked tae jobs, houston and the gobshite both finished above us in the league, one wi' a budget a lot less than ours, but there disnae seem tae be a lot o' interest in them
(27-05-2016, 11:46)newhavenhibby Wrote: Rotherham are not a bad side playing in the second tier of English Football with a big challenge ahead of them. With games coming up this season against Aston Villa , Newcastle, Leeds United etc , more money and close to home he will be tempted. It will bring him more to the attention of bigger clubs in England especially if he turns their fortunes around 

As for our chances in Europe.... Doh

At the end of the day they could probably double his pay packet as well mate.
Stubbs has many connections in the North of England and in English football in general.

The bread man / magic hat / gobshite will return at some point but bearing in mind the wage he is now on considering he needs more experience to manage in the premiership he is probably happy where he is and his agent will not be putting his name out there.....unless Arsenal come calling.   Big Grin

They have probably all sussed that pri*k Houston out.....Scotland only for him.....he is probably holding out for the Hibernian job.   Doh   Big Grin    Tongue

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
In answer to the question - no!!! I'll acknowledge Stubbs' recent comment that he was not going anywhere and there will always be speculation re stuff like this current interest from Rotherham Utd. He said himself at the last AGM that he is ambitious and he would like to eventually move to the next level but at the appropriate time. Plus the fact that he had not really achieved anything at Hibs. Obviously that position has changed and he'll have a statue erected o/s ER Stadium in his honour at some point. As for Rotherham Utd? I'll be very surprised if this club is successful in next season's Championship. They'll be mid-table at best and the favoured richer clubs will fight their way to the Premiership with prob Newscastle Utd at the 'top of the tree'.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »