Thread Rating:
Stubbs to Rotherham
Wrong club at wrong time for him. Should have taken a media job and waited for a better position to become available if he wanted away from Hibs. Rovrum were always firm favorites for the drop no matter who was in charge.
(19-10-2016, 20:25)hfcbounce Wrote: True jim Stubbs had ambitions to manage at a higher level but he should have stayed at HFC. But hard lessons are taught and he got his comeuppance for chasing the dream to soon. Feel for the man he will always be remembered for winning the Scottish Cup for us but Neil Lennon has my full support now.

I like most of your posts but surely managing Rotherham ain't a bigger job then managing the current Scottish cup holders on their crusade back to the Scottish Premiership . Think he took the easy option TBH - done well up north, so I can manage Rotheram Nae bother, hardly a higher level than Hibs and, he's again as far as league results are concerned , screwed up
(20-10-2016, 00:21)InverurieĀ Jambo Wrote:
(19-10-2016, 20:25)hfcbounce Wrote: True jim Stubbs had ambitions to manage at a higher level but he should have stayed at HFC. But hard lessons are taught and he got his comeuppance for chasing the dream to soon. Feel for the man he will always be remembered for winning the Scottish Cup for us but Neil Lennon has my full support now.

I like most of your posts but surely managing Rotherham ain't a bigger job then managing the current Scottish cup holders on their crusade back to the Scottish Premiership . Think he took the easy option TBH - done well up north, so I can manage Rotheram Nae bother, hardly a higher level than Hibs and, he's again as far as league results are concerned , screwed up

If someone offered you a Job that more than trebled your salary would you take it?

I've got a lot of respect for him, some things he did away from the game showed his "class" and despite setbacks in his life he has always shown tremendous courage. I wish him all the very best.

I feel very confident Lennon will take us up though.
hfcbounce likes this post
Still a legend in his own right - a historic Scottish Cup winning manager who made the right calls to ensure Hibs lifted the Holy Grail!! Always remembered!
(20-10-2016, 00:21)InverurieĀ Jambo Wrote:

I get where your coming from IJ. But what ever way you / we look at it the draw of the Championship Team coming in for him HFC where on a loser.

The money he can earn - the money he had to spend - and his family staying down south during his time at HFC must have been hard.

Looking at it from a different angle tho Yes he won the Scottish Cup & Yes he will remain a Legend at Easter Rd with the Hibs Fans. ........... Then the big BUT kicks in.

But he was not brought in to win the Scottish Cup his job was to win Promotion and not wishing to be harsh on the man HE FAILED to do that so maybe he got out when he could only my opinion tho
It thankfully worked out favourably - a negative situ transformed into a positive one - unluckily losing out in the play off with Falkirk kinda set it up in giving him and us one of the most historic 90 mins in our history - a Scottish Cup win!! Thumb up
(20-10-2016, 18:07)0762 Wrote: It thankfully worked out favourably - a negative situ transformed into a positive one - unluckily losing out in the play off with Falkirk kinda set it up in giving him and us one of the most historic 90 mins in our history - a Scottish Cup win!! Thumb up

I'll drink to that ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »