Thread Rating:
Play-off semi-final 2nd leg: Falkirk v Hibs, Fri 13 May 2016
(13-05-2016, 10:09)Fredstersafool Wrote: Paington don't call them Huns,the huns will be all over ye again hahaha

Touchy eh! Or just trying to perpetuate an argument at every opportunity and ignoring all other comments in a reasonably long thread except the one that is deemed 'offensive' and the point has been repeated time and time again anyway? This is an under subscribed board and the point/protest has been noted often enough by everyone and does not require to be repeated!

(13-05-2016, 10:07)Paigntonhibby Wrote: personally i would rather go up than win the SC. Dinnae think another season in the championship will dae us any good. Our chances o' lifting the cup have tae be pretty slim anyway, the lads will be knackered after the play off games handing a massive advantage tae the huns,thats one thing the muppets in charge didnae allow for, a team in the play offs being in the cup final,still, why should we expect a level playing field. I really hope i'm wrong and we manage both but years o' following Hibs have taught me no' tae build my hopes up too much. GGTTH

I agree another season in the Championship will be a huge blow to Hibs FC and I believe it will impact on ST sales unless Dempster reduces the prices, which we can see is not being done. Lotsa Hibs fans patiently backed Leeann Dempster's moratorium on ST prices but not this time if we still f### up even with that substantial revenue backing up the manager. I've said in another thread the whole play-off set up is in disrepute and it was well highlighted recently by Saint Charles Owl - it's totally unfair and biased and Hibs fixtures logjam has fully exposed the 'extreme case' when a Scottish Championship club comes close to a successful season on all fronts. The SPFL/SFA never considered that prospect - a bunch of dinosaurs running the sport of football up here but there's nothing new there eh!! Thumb down
(13-05-2016, 10:07)Paigntonhibby Wrote: handing a massive advantage tae the huns,

(13-05-2016, 10:09)Fredstersafool Wrote: Paington don't call them Huns,the huns will be all over ye again hahaha

(13-05-2016, 10:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: The only thing for sure is this board will be hooching with them if we get beat fred. Huns will be huns after all.

Education is the key. First though, awareness of the issue is required. If people truly want rid of sectarianism in Scottish football, they'll understand the whole of the problem and deal with it. If they don't want rid of it, then they'll continue the use of it when and where it suits them while hypocritically demanding action where it doesn't.

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate. . ."

(13-05-2016, 10:27)0762 Wrote: I agree another season in the Championship will be a huge blow to Hibs FC and I believe it will impact on ST sales unless Dempster reduces the prices, which we can see is not being done. Lotsa Hibs fans patiently backed Leeann Dempster's moratorium on ST prices but not this time if we still f### up even with that substantial revenue backing up the manager. I've said in another thread the whole play-off set up is in disrepute and it was well highlighted recently by Saint Charles Owl - it's totally unfair and biased and Hibs fixtures logjam has fully exposed the 'extreme case' when a Scottish Championship club comes close to a successful season on all fronts. The SPFL/SFA never considered that prospect - a bunch of dinosaurs running the sport of football up here but there's nothing new there eh!! Thumb down

Well, the problem here is that Hibs voted for these play-offs, and all it entails. The SPFL/SFA never forced them on the clubs, it was the clubs that wanted it.
They certainly did and the finger-pointing is in Rod Petrie's direction Trusevich!!! If only he had a crystal ball eh! He was part of the Scottish footie cartel that was protecting it's own interests. However, such unfair manipulation of a play off system can still be reviewed and be improved for the better!!
(13-05-2016, 14:46)0762 Wrote: They certainly did and the finger-pointing is in Rod Petrie's direction Trusevich!!! If only he had a crystal ball eh! He was part of the  Scottish footie cartel that was protecting it's own interests. However, such unfair manipulation of a play off system can still be reviewed and be improved for the better!!

Again though that would require the majority of clubs to agree to it, not just a few of us who are or were in play-off situations recently.

I've said all along that the play-off system in Scotland is all wrong, it was wrong to begin with, and was implemented only with strict benefits (self-preservation) afforded to the SPL/Premiership clubs. For it to ever change then those same clubs would have to vote en-masse for it to change, and there's no chance of that happening.

Afraid Hibs are just gonna have to get on with it, fixture pile-up or not. However, I do notice the season has been extended for you guys since you reached the Cup Final. Good job Celtic didn't have a Japanese tour 'arranged' this time. . . Whistle
Education is the key. First though, awareness of the issue is required.

You don't have any awareness of the issue.
It's simply a very apt description of a dreadful and none too small element in the Rangers support.
(13-05-2016, 15:23)hibeejim21 Wrote: Education is the key. First though, awareness of the issue is required.

You don't have any awareness of the issue.
It's simply a very apt description of a dreadful and none too small element in the Rangers support.

It's a sectarian term and you know it. Stop excusing it's use.

Ask yourself a question: Why do you feel the need to use it?
Don't see how it can possibly be described as sectarian as the (mainly Protestant) fans of every other club in Scotland describe them as such. It's that simple.

No other word sums up these people better.They have more than earned the name and they are stuck with it.
Knuckle draggers is a fair description of them too Jim.
Sons of Struth Fredster? Wink That was indeed an 'education' watching these footie fans(?) in action and some of their interviews on tv were mind-boggling!! Some of them looked like they'd never slept for months! An awesome watch!
(13-05-2016, 15:55)hibeejim21 Wrote: Don't see how it can possibly be described as sectarian as the (mainly Protestant) fans of every other club in Scotland describe them as such. It's that simple.

It's not though, is it. I've explained it all before to you - the religion of those using, or those it is aimed at it is immaterial. If any term is used to pejoratively differentiate a section of society - a section that is predominantly perceived as of one particular religion - then it is sectarian.

It's that simple.

Again you know this, but still insist on your right to use it. Why? What does it achieve apart from immediately lose you any semblance of moral high ground when you come to criticise others of similar sectarian behaviour? It truly is baffling to me why you'd do that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »