Thread Rating:
Play-off semi-final 2nd leg: Falkirk v Hibs, Fri 13 May 2016
Well there's not much recovery time following the rigours of that 2-2 draw v Falkirk on Tuesday night but Hibs, and Stubbsy, have gotta get on with it, even though I concur with Saint Charles Owl's recent comments that the whole play-off set up is grossly unfair and biased in favour of Premiership opposition - wrongly formatted and the congested fixture list has been shown up to be wrong by Hibs unusually high fixture congestion! Perhaps an unwelcome defeat would be a 'blessing in disguise' in our quest to win the Holy Grail!! Ideally I'd like Hibs to keep ploughing on undefeated until our final play-off win of the season! However, that's maybe asking for too much eh!
We're having to overcome the demands of playing on a shit artificial pitch (how I hate artificial pitches per se!) and I pray that there are no major injuries to any of our key players on this surface. Also the announcement that Craig Thomson is the assigned ref certainly does not gel well with me personally and I'm sure there are other well informed hibees who feel the same way. Both these issues can be overcome by a top performance from a Hibs side that is well capable of overcoming this level of opposition but will they do it and will Stubbsy choose the right team to attain that success? I think it will be a tight match from start to finish and this game is gonna be a 'test of nerve' for the guys. If only our strikers start to deliver by 'banging in goals' esp in this crucial tie - what a god time to do it in front of a sellout Hibs away support. Good luck Hibs and here's hoping we extend our undefeated run v Falkirk!! Thumb up

GGTTH
As you said,id like to win it playing the fitba we all know we are capable of. That means taking our chances and coping with their physical game and artificial surface. Big ask,warbiolas team lost both games there.
Yep! They'll be throwing 'long balls' and hitting corners at us because that's where they reckon they'll score goals from! Should Hibs 'go Italian' and play their type of game? Nahh! I think Hibs should 'go for it' and rip into their defence as much as poss! Lets make our own luck and do the biz against a team that we know we can beat! I wonder what strikers Stubbs will opt for?
I think we will stick with stokes and jason. I have a wee feeling cummings might produce the goods on friday.
I hope he does score the winning goal(s) because he owes us 'big time' - IMO long overdue! A possible pk decider and the roly poly goalie excels again? Who knows eh!
Now that the match has been switched to Friday 13th May we might start to get some of the breaks that seem to have gone against us recently. I would quite happily spend another season in the Championship if it meant we win the Scottish cup but our board need to get a grip and give us a settled squad - not one that has a dozen changes every summer.
I hope we don't have too many supersticious players for a Friday the 13th fixture 1wattie! 
Also the Hibs board can hardly 'get a grip' with our ticket allocations for the cup final!! What hope keeping a secure 1st team squad together eh? I must sit down and work out who goes and who is still contracted for next season, loans etc. Off the 'top of my head', Hendo, Stokesy and Gunnarson are loan players, Logan is a short contract and Hanlon's contract expires after season end. Stevo is on the usual 1 year contract and Cummings goes to Wolves at season end (?) So that's a max of seven players.
personally i would rather go up than win the SC. Dinnae think another season in the championship will dae us any good. Our chances o' lifting the cup have tae be pretty slim anyway, the lads will be knackered after the play off games handing a massive advantage tae the huns,thats one thing the muppets in charge didnae allow for, a team in the play offs being in the cup final,still, why should we expect a level playing field. I really hope i'm wrong and we manage both but years o' following Hibs have taught me no' tae build my hopes up too much. GGTTH
Paington don't call them Huns,the huns will be all over ye again hahaha
The only thing for sure is this board will be hooching with them if we get beat fred. Huns will be huns after all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »