Thread Rating:
It's a welcome Easter break but where does Stubbs go from here?
(21-03-2016, 02:18)0762 Wrote: You're totally missing the point re said comment and Dempster's close relationship with players and management alike since the season started. I won't even elaborate on it - it's just another one of these unqualified negative remarks (one of many tiresome patronising renarks!) re another footie club of which you know very little re it's inner workings and the people who operate within it! Thumb down Nuff said!

(21-03-2016, 01:02)0762 Wrote:
(21-03-2016, 00:11)exeterhibby Wrote: I think he will be away one way or another come the season end. He will either have delivered on the promotion aspect and be chased by other clubs, probably from the English Championship or if not like Jim says he will stand down and still be in demand from other clubs and so further his career.......more to the point .... where will Hibs be and where aae we going?

GGTTH

Did you notice Leeann Dempster sitting directly behind the Hibs dugout at Starks Pk early into the second half? She was there to indicate to various Hibs people (incl the players!) that she was not happy with what was happening v a very average Raith side and she was absolutely right to do that! The last time she made the same move was earlier in the season in a shit match at ER v Stranraer and it was ultra shit. Re your questions - Our 'project' continues with or without Stubbs. The mission statement remains the same and we will strive to improve with the appropriate backing from fans, shareholders, the Hibs community etc. Speculatively speaking, if Hibs did require a replacement manager, there will be a good number of reasonably qualified managers who would 'jump at the chance' to come to a progressive community footie club like HFC. The trick is choosing wisely.

No point missed at all.

More flip flop from the master of beach wear himself.

Maybe it was the fear of her watching that made Cummings miss.
(20-03-2016, 19:43)supercooper Wrote: And to think only 2weeks ago you lot were touting him for the Celtic job. How quickly things change, you are a fickle bunch.
 touting him for the Celtic job? Really? Or was it just repeating what pundits were saying. Dinnae Ken any fitba' fans that would tout their manager for another job
Well here's one for the lot of you, this morning I was listening to a BBC podcast on the way to work and both Warburton and Stubbs were mentioned as possible candidates for the Everton job should the new owner sack Martinez!!! Not sure either of them are ready for that step up but thought it was interesting that they were even mentioned.
(21-03-2016, 09:31)Paigntonhibby Wrote:
(20-03-2016, 19:43)supercooper Wrote: And to think only 2weeks ago you lot were touting him for the Celtic job. How quickly things change, you are a fickle bunch.
 touting him for the Celtic job? Really? Or was it just repeating what pundits were saying. Dinnae Ken any fitba' fans that would tout their manager for another job

Repeating is one thing, you lot were actually making the point he would be Celtic manager next season. Now he is shit and to blame for all. Stokes was public enemy no 1 only a week ago now a saviour after Inverness. Now you have Hibsed it again it's finger pointing time at manager. Perhaps it's Leanne picking the side now hence the dugout appearances. It's fun to watch though.
Seriously did Dempster go to the dug out??
Following on from St Charles Owl snippet of info regarding Warburton and Stubbs , .......Stubbs isn't ready and mentioned purely for his past ties with the club. May eventually go there but will have a stepping stone prior to that , I think probably in the English Championship.

(21-03-2016, 19:25)Fredstersafool Wrote: Seriously did Dempster go to the dug out??

After halftime the cameras picked her out standing just behind the dug out . 

Perhaps we should have sent her on for the Cummings chance   Big Grin Whistle
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Hahaha I well she could've done a better job wi it
Before we start pointing the finger at Stubbs for our recent poor run we need to remember the players he is working with.
Because of Hibs signing policy he has 6 loan signings who will be leaving the club shortly and two players who are being tipped by the media to move on. He also has to suffer the "unrest" that Stokes is supposedly bringing to the dressing room AND the hysteria surrounding his own future, be it with Hibs or Celtic or Everton.
Couple that with our historic collapse most seasons and it`s clear to see he is under severe pressure so he and the team need our full backing and support at this time.
If we knew that we would get to one cup final, the minimum of a semi final in the Scottish cup and possibly a play off place in the league I think most of us would have grabbed it with both hands.
Remember too that right in the middle of our bad run Stubbs and his team beat Hearts knocked Inverness - the holders- out of the Scottish Cup and were unlucky to lose to Ross County.
and ritchiebaby like this post
Agreed Wattie. 

Unfortunately football is a results business and how this was achieved gets forgotten. All that matters is what the final score was and fans and clubs demand success. Therefore when we go on a bad run, which as you correctly point out, we always do in the second part of the season, fans are quick to criticise and call for the managers head. Unfortunately they have little idea who will come in and suddenly turn things around!   Doh

Fans were talking about what we would achieve based on the results we were getting during our long unbeaten run earlier in the season. However as Lewis Stevenson pointed out we weren't playing particularly well and were getting our fair share of luck which has now deserted us and so we are where we are now. As in the past we seem able to raise our game against the Premier sides but struggle sometimes against the run of the mill Championship sides.  Dodgy   They then see us getting further behind Rangers and now Falkirk so all that has gone before is forgotten and they want heads to roll. This is the time we want the fans to get behind the team not only for this season as there is still a lot to play for but also in buying Season Tickets for next year.

From what I have seen this season Rangers have been the best and most consistent team in the league and if they go up as Champions as expected it is just reward for their campaign. I therefore feel we deserve to be second and we still have a chance to get there and so reduce the play offs by 2 games. Unfortunately due to so many cup games league fixtures have been put back leading to a fixture pile up and more importantly allowed Falkirk to go out and win their games putting points on the board. They also have a superior goal difference so the game against them at ER is going to be very important  PROVIDED we win the games in hand ( I always prefer points on the board). As we have seen lately this is no gimme for us at present and the fans are needed just as much for these games with full support for the team and AS and not going along to hurl abuse as has happened in seasons past.

Reading what has been written on various forums I worry that our season will fall flat especially as a portion of our support are very quick to turn on the team rather than trying to get behind them more.....but as I said football has never been more, a results business, and that is all they look at.

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
supercooper and ritchiebaby like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Folk should try and remember how bad it was under butcher, i mean shambolic on and off the park doesn't begin to cover it. We have gone through a series of short term appointments before and it hasn't worked. rangers tried that with mccall and still didn't gain promotion last season. So i think the manager sees the season out for sure and we see where we are at that point.

I'm not in any way saying our league form of late has been acceptable,but it could still end up being a fantastic season.  Laugh Laugh  ......Talk of getting rid of stubbs thats kicking about at the moment is just daft.
ritchiebaby and like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »