Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Hibs v Morton - 24/02/16
You'll get 3 chances at a play off spot Jim.
HHGH
Ooft.

Big games against Dundee Utd next season.

Couldn't name a nicer couple.
(25-02-2016, 00:59)hibeejim21 Wrote: League over.

When we missed those chances early on- and cummings one was ludicrous ... and they went on to score you could just see the team lose their way. Oxley gifted them the 2nd and then it was goodnight vienna.

A debacle. And now we have to try and move on and hopefully clinch the play off spot.

The play off spot is a con IMO hibeejim - it always has been and it's in the name of entertainment/maintaining interest!!! There should be two up and two down - simple!! Why should we play out a whole season of effort to be thwarted on a play-off - it's a joke and you begin to realise that fact when your club has been a casualty of that system!! The only good thing from Hibs point of view is the fact that we've turned over every Premiership club that we've encountered this season and have nothing to fear. I'm sure all interested Scottish footie clubs have been watching and realise the potent threat that this Hibs team poses. The bad result has arrived and it was gonna arise at some stage and we could see it gradually coming at some point. As said previously, it's how this team subsequently reacts and I hope it's a positive reaction but the manager must react positively as well and I think tough decisions have to be made re certain positions in this Hibs side. This team is a very good team - absolutely no doubt whatsoever! And this one-off result, against a fairly average Morton side, on a cold winter's night in a two thirds empty ER stadium, changes nothing!! There's a cup final in 3 weeks time, we need to bounce back quickly and 'get back on track', and we have players available who are itching to impress and possibly earn a place in that cup final.  
Ah well, shit happens. Huns won the league now so hopefully get oor mojo back and go up via playoffs. There's Nae point moaning aboot the playoffs, they are what they are and we were probably one o' the clubs that voted for them, never dreaming we'd be in this position---f#ckin twice. Been saying all along you've got tae put your strongest available team on the pitch for these games and Stubbs didnae. Misfiring strikers dinnae help, if stokes wants tae kickstart his career he's rapidly running oot o' games GGTTH
The next 3 weeks are going to be pivotal for you. Get beat in the cups and your season could well start to disintegrate. As for the play off argument, i think they are a great idea, bringing some excitement to a possible turgid end of season . And i wouldn't discount Falkirk finishing second.
If they weren't introduced there would only be one opportunity to get up.at least you'll get a second chance at it,I wouldn't be knocking a life line 0762.
I think they are better in England where the playoffs only involve the teams in the lower league, makes it fairer than having to play a team from the league above who have sat and rested for 2 weeks while it gets decided who they will be playing. It should be the bottom two relegated and the 2nd-5th in the Championship into the playoffs. But I agree that at least in England they are the best change to happen to football for a long time and keep the season alive for a lot more teams keeping the games competitive and exciting.
0762 likes this post
I'm not against the idea of the playoff - quite like it. i just think it should be a final type scenario where second bottom plays second top over 2 legs and leave it at that.
hibeejim21 Wrote:I'm not against the idea of the playoff - quite like it.  i just think it should be a final type scenario where second bottom plays second top over 2 legs and leave it at that.

Your opinion might change if you finish third.
(25-02-2016, 01:30)TheWorthinGer Wrote: Ooft.

Big games against Dundee Utd next season.

Couldn't name a nicer couple.

I could - green and whyte  Thumb up

(25-02-2016, 12:12)TheWorthinGer Wrote:
hibeejim21 Wrote:I'm not against the idea of the playoff - quite like it.  i just think it should be a final type scenario where second bottom plays second top over 2 legs and leave it at that.

Your opinion might change if you finish third.

Maybe...but that was my feeling when the set up was announced so i am going to try and stick with it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed