Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Hibs v Morton - 24/02/16
The games keep on coming for Hibs with Morton the visitors to Easter Road on Wednesday night. This game is our game in hand over Rangers and again we find ourselves in a must-win situation. We should see some more of our first-choice players back for this one and we should be too much for Morton.

They were rolling along nicely up until mid-December when they were in 4th position following their 2-2 draw at Ibrox. Since then they have only gained 4 points from their last 7 games. However 4th place is still only 4 points above them, so they will have plenty to play for. I hope Hibs show a bit more urgency in some aspects of their play and I was a bit concerned about the number of players who lost their footing yesterday against Alloa.

I'd expect Cummings to return, perhaps in place of Dagnall, and McGinn to be on from the start. There could be a couple of places in the cup team up for grabs, so the fringe players should be hungry for places.

There are too many "should"s in there for my liking, but it's probably a sign of my anxiety. It should will still be a 2-goal win for Hibs, though. Thumb up

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
we should win,but he has to start with a strong team,then when we get a lead he can take people off.start well is the order of the day.GGTTH
Aye Torquay, Morton are a good side and we need to start strongly. Have stayed up for this one so again looking for 3 points.    Thumb up

'mon Hibs

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I'll reflect back to the recent narrow Hibs win in Greenock when we dominated them from start to finish and they did not have a shot on Hibs goal. Hibs failing on the night was not taking the decent scoring opportunities when they cropped up. Perhaps we should stick with Boyle and Dagnall up front, two Hibs players who they are not familiar with and who have something to prove with a cup final looming ever closer.
Interesting team selection from Hibs tonight. Not only are Stevenson, Cummings and Stokes back, but Sunday's goalscorers, Boyle and Carmichael, don't even make the bench. Farid El Alagui, remember him, is on the bench, which looks pretty strong.

Hibs 0 Morton 1 - an O'Ware header beats a static and unaware Hibs defence.

HT - Hibs 0 Morton 1. I expect some early second-half changes to shake off the lethargy.

From bad to worse. Doh  Hibs 0 Morton 2. Johnstone tap-in from an Oxley flap.
Hibs 0 Morton 3 - Forbes with a left-footed strike after a break-out by Barr. Hibs leave themselves wide open by losing the ball cheaply. Doh Doh of these this time.

For a change Alan Stubbs has used his 3 substitutes with more than 15 minutes to go. Keatings, Bartley and El Alagui are on for Thomson, McGeouch and Stokes. I suspect that it'll not make a huge difference to the result, but at least we're trying to change the flow of the game.

FT - Hibs 0 Morton 3. All credit to Morton who fully deserved the win.

Anyone who has seen the last two Hibs games against Livingston and Alloa will have seen this coming. If there's any consolation, it is that it gives us an overdue wake-up call and also that some players are not worth their places, strolling through games rather than working their butts off, when things go against them.
sounds like Oxley needs a rest,very poor to night kick up the arse for us.should noy have dropped bartley.lets stick together,one bad result lets think about Saturday now
Play offs now I don't see rangers messing up from here
Seven changes on Saturday!!!! Seven changes tonight!! Whadya expect???  Also three words to sum up one of the reasons for this duff result, even though Hibs were 'flat as a pancake' AGAIN - f#*# off Oxley! Thumb down  IMO he could've dealt with the corner for the 1st Morton goal but was undecided and held back - no decisiveness and domination of Hibs goal area! He was mince for that flogged second goal but we've seen this negative side of the goalie before! Give the big Finnish goalie a chance? Also bring back Paul Hanlon asap and drop Stokes who has hardly done anything to impress since his loan spell started! Every Morton goal was from a mistake by Hibs players. Remember this is a team that has never beaten Hibs in their past dozen fixtures! IMO Stubbs judgement re team selection and tactics was badly wrong tonight and I hope he learns from it. Now we await the resultant impact of this poor result in upcoming matches v Dumbarton followed by QOS.
League over.

When we missed those chances early on- and cummings one was ludicrous ... and they went on to score you could just see the team lose their way. Oxley gifted them the 2nd and then it was goodnight vienna.

A debacle. And now we have to try and move on and hopefully clinch the play off spot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed