Thread Rating:
Hibernian v St Mirren
They also got Tavernier from the same source.....another very decent player.   

We also seemed to have a knack of signing players who ended up on the treatment table and so in effect had no pre season.  Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yep! A valid observation Exeter and I've come to the conclusion that Hibs officials should be seriously challenged by the opposition within our fans and shareholders' groups. There are searching questions to be answered by said officials. I think Hibs have been extremely coy and almost secretive re some of the contentious issues and I'm not totally happy with the current regime at ER, no matter how much spin/cheap talk is uttered from the usual ER sources. IMO it all boils down to results on the pitch and THEY HAVE FAILED AGAIN!!!!!! As for the league cup red herring, I don't give a f####k re our progress whatsoever. Hopefully we'll pick up some decent money from a big match and that's it as far as I'm concerned!!!!! I think Hibs/Stubbs already have to disappointingly target a play-off second spot in the Championship and, if that's the case, we ditch our distracting League Cup interest asap and at least focus on our second priority target, the Scottish Cup, and hope for a favourable draw when maybe some of our missing strikers will be fully match fit and raring to go in the second half of the footie season. One theory I still don't dismiss out of hand is the one that officials within Hibs FC already know that league reconstruction is gonna happen with or without Rangers winning the Championship and it's gonna happen next year! I think the Austrian league model is very possible based on all the stuff emanating from the SFA in the past 6-8 months! Wait n see but I suspect a certain SFA official, named Rod Petrie, already knew of this plan all along! However, I still view Hibs failure as being worthy of the critical scrutiny it deserves even if the suggested league reconstruction materialises - this reconstruction plan should not bail out the failures who have let our club down again!!!!
0762 you think Stubbs is failing yous??hes getting backed by his board.
(27-09-2015, 11:35)ritchiebaby Wrote: I have always argued that our defence, despite it's frailties, is not Hibs' major problem. Not turning dominant possession into goals is. As far as statistics are concerned, Hibs 64% possession and 10 corners to 3 would suggest that we were the team with the intent to win the game, but, as happens much too often, we didn't.

richie, if we had a fit,reliable goalscorer we could probably go for teams that played like st mirren yesterday, but we don't. So we have to play more a more possession based game instead.
Fredstersafool , I think Stubbs has done a decent job under difficult circumstances but, last year at the club's AGM, he readily admitted himself to all attending fans/shareholders that he had achieved nothing and that is indeed the case. What has Alan Stubbs achieved so far at ER during an approx period of 15 months? IMO he has established stability and a sense of purpose that was missing in 1st team ops at the club, mainly due to previous mismanagement of a certain Mr Butcher. But achievement/significant change on the pitch? No! I'd ask the same question of other Hibs fans, incl sceptical lapsed supporters, and I'm sure they'd concur with me that we are looking at a project that is well short of the finished article and how many months does Stubbs require to manage HIS FOOTBALL TEAM, the one he has finally rebuilt and reorganised? As said previously, it's all about perceived improvement to the Hibs 1st team and ultimately the results decree how good or bad a manager he actually is, particularly when playing in a shit footie league called the Championship!!!! Just study Hibs current position in that league and come to your own natural conclusion!
(27-09-2015, 17:21)exeterhibby Wrote:
(27-09-2015, 16:43)hfcbounce Wrote: Fred there flying just now there's no getting away from it. There scoring goals which we seem to be lacking I can only hope that either Keetings or Insall can step up to the mark you no Keetings from his time with hertz Insall a nobody from the lower English leagues but could be a find.

We've just to be patient wait for them to slip up and be there to take advantage there's plenty games left so I've got to stick wi them till or if it get out o sight.

C'mon the hibs

GGTTH

We were saying the same thing last year when Hearts got off to a flyer ......they never did slip up  Doh

(27-09-2015, 17:14)0762 Wrote:
(27-09-2015, 11:35)ritchiebaby Wrote: I have always argued that our defence, despite it's frailties, is not Hibs' major problem. Not turning dominant possession into goals is. As far as statistics are concerned, Hibs 64% possession and 10 corners to 3 would suggest that we were the team with the intent to win the game, but, as happens much too often, we didn't.

I commented about a year ago that Cummings was never the striker who Hibs could possibly use to spearhead a serious assault on the Championship and as for the Malonga-Cummings partnership, most Hibs fans knew by sheer observation, post season, that this striking combination was not prolific enough to do it for Hibs. That same view applies now!!!!!! And yet we were already debating the same issue and the same frailties at the beginning of the season. Unsurprisigly we are again dropping points to inferior teams that are effectively parking the bus and that frailty will continue to prevail because the manager has not redressed the weak striking issue that is self-evident to any self-respecting Hibs fan. IMO winning the Championship is over and I want this issue, re the huge points deficit, to be tackled by Hibs fans' opposition/shareholders at the upcoming AGM - IT IS ONLY LATE SEPTEMBER AND THIS FAILURE IS TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's an extreme view but I believe the positions of certain senior Hibs people must be seriously considered at this time!! Forget the league cup smokescreen, we have failed miserably and it's high time that many Hibs fans realised that very fact!!!!!!!! There are lotsa lapsed Hibs fans out there who share that view and poor results should ultimately dictate the fate of certain Hibs officials (some of these officials are earning generous 6 figure salaries!) who we are employing to get us out of this shit league!! These fans will not return to ER any time soon and no wonder - we are still so hit n miss in a shit footie league, it's ridiculous!!

Another poor crowd yesterday shows you are right that cabbage fans haven't bought into Hibs being close to the finished article.

Like it or not you have to admire the way Warburton has put together a very good article for this league in a very short period of time.  Dodgy

Why should the fans pay 20 quid to watch hibs labour to break down a heap of cynical,dirty xxxx like st mirren ? And thats bearing in mind I'm sure i read we were the 2nd best attended game in scotland yesterday ?
0762 likes this post
That's a fair analogy 0762, it's great to have a three year plan or whatever it is however another year in the championship is going to have consequences for the club IMO,now I'm not in anyway saying they will be down another year, however the play offs are no gimme when you look at last season or the season before for (sorry to remind you) that, I think Rangers are going to piss the league ( which I'm saddened about) and that's leaving the club under extreme pressure to produce the goods,Stubbs needs to get your club out the division this season.
(27-09-2015, 19:05)In recent times hibeejim21 Wrote:

richie, if we had a fit,reliable goalscorer we could probably go for teams that played like st mirren yesterday, but we don't. So we have to play more a more possession based game instead.

And we know what will inevitably happen in certain games hibeejim eh! We'll drop points because of too many scoring opps squandered!!! We all previously observed what kinda striker we needed to get out of this league and that striker was named, Leigh Griffiths - a sniffer of a pen box CF and one that would've done the biz in this shit league. Lets be frank about it - we needed a CF of a similar ilk and Hibs have conceded on that weakness/omission alone!!! 
That doesn't say much Jim. Who were they up against? Perhaps another few thousand on the gate singing their hearts out might have helped us get the second goal. As it was it was another fairly subdued atmosphere. Hibs must have hoped that all the backing from the Board for Stubbs allowing him to sign a host of players, with fans getting excited by the future and surely a great challenge for Rangers only for all the usual frailties to still show and so hasn't materialised into increased gates and revenue to pay for all these signings. As you say who would pay £20 + for that?
"FOREVER UNITED"
(27-09-2015, 19:17)Fredstersafool Wrote: That's a fair analogy 0762, it's great to have a three year plan or whatever it is however another year in the championship is going to have consequences for the club IMO,now I'm not in anyway saying they will be down another year, however the play offs are no gimme when you look at last season or the season before for (sorry to remind you) that, I think Rangers are going to piss the league ( which I'm saddened about) and that's leaving the club under extreme pressure to produce the goods,Stubbs needs to get your club out the division this season.

The play-off situation is another sore point for me Fredster now that Hibs have become a play-off casualty twice. Why should we be playing an extra two-way playoff tie if we attain 2nd position in the Championship anyway?????? I seriously challenge that position from the point of view that any team that earns the second spot should consequently earn the playoff matches against the second bottom team in the Scottish Premiership - surely they've earned that right!! I acknowledge the interest/entertainment/hype factor that was created but not if my team is ultimately a casualty due to playing these extra matches!!! Should a hard-earned second spot not be enough to gain promotion anyway and the second bottom placed team in the Premiership be penalised with relegation??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »