Thread Rating:
Hibernian v St Mirren
I have always argued that our defence, despite it's frailties, is not Hibs' major problem. Not turning dominant possession into goals is. As far as statistics are concerned, Hibs 64% possession and 10 corners to 3 would suggest that we were the team with the intent to win the game, but, as happens much too often, we didn't.
Cabbage is still good for you
Looking a cert gers to go another two points clear
Aye Fred , gers 3 up in the first 40 minutes against a Morton side I bet did not start off throwing caution to the wind and playing open attacking football. ...........thats the way to do it...... Morton have to play open football now giving the gers even more space.   Dodgy
"FOREVER UNITED"
11 points clear,play off for you lads now Exeter I just don't see Hibs pulling that back even with a game In hand,Rangers are rampant in the league and Hibs look the only te capable of taking points from them,problem is I think you'll lose more points to other teams than them.
Yesterday I take points of both Exeter & hibeejim yes we struggled to break them down a wee bit o luck with stevos cross come shot which hit the bar would have meant 3 points.

But how st Mirren finished with 11 players is beyond me the player clearly kicked McGeouch and Thomson about halved another hibs player as week trying to take Fontaine with a flying elbow out o order if we had got these call we might have got three points but hey ho. 11 points is a big ask but we made 12 up on them last year.yes there a different team but as its well known FOOTBALL IS A FUNNY OLD GAMR.

GGTTH
likes this post
There a team full if confidence though and there winning by big margins I hope hibs can do it but sadly only eight games in I can't see you doing it
Fred there flying just now there's no getting away from it. There scoring goals which we seem to be lacking I can only hope that either Keetings or Insall can step up to the mark you no Keetings from his time with hertz Insall a nobody from the lower English leagues but could be a find.

We've just to be patient wait for them to slip up and be there to take advantage there's plenty games left so I've got to stick wi them till or if it get out o sight.

C'mon the hibs

GGTTH
(27-09-2015, 11:35)ritchiebaby Wrote: I have always argued that our defence, despite it's frailties, is not Hibs' major problem. Not turning dominant possession into goals is. As far as statistics are concerned, Hibs 64% possession and 10 corners to 3 would suggest that we were the team with the intent to win the game, but, as happens much too often, we didn't.

I commented about a year ago that Cummings was never the striker who Hibs could possibly use to spearhead a serious assault on the Championship and as for the Malonga-Cummings partnership, most Hibs fans knew by sheer observation, post season, that this striking combination was not prolific enough to do it for Hibs. That same view applies now!!!!!! And yet we were already debating the same issue and the same frailties at the beginning of the season. Unsurprisigly we are again dropping points to inferior teams that are effectively parking the bus and that frailty will continue to prevail because the manager has not redressed the weak striking issue that is self-evident to any self-respecting Hibs fan. IMO winning the Championship is over and I want this issue, re the huge points deficit, to be tackled by Hibs fans' opposition/shareholders at the upcoming AGM - IT IS ONLY LATE SEPTEMBER AND THIS FAILURE IS TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's an extreme view but I believe the positions of certain senior Hibs people must be seriously considered at this time!! Forget the league cup smokescreen, we have failed miserably and it's high time that many Hibs fans realised that very fact!!!!!!!! There are lotsa lapsed Hibs fans out there who share that view and poor results should ultimately dictate the fate of certain Hibs officials (some of these officials are earning generous 6 figure salaries!) who we are employing to get us out of this shit league!! These fans will not return to ER any time soon and no wonder - we are still so hit n miss in a shit footie league, it's ridiculous!!
(27-09-2015, 16:43)hfcbounce Wrote: Fred there flying just now there's no getting away from it. There scoring goals which we seem to be lacking I can only hope that either Keetings or Insall can step up to the mark you no Keetings from his time with hertz Insall a nobody from the lower English leagues but could be a find.

We've just to be patient wait for them to slip up and be there to take advantage there's plenty games left so I've got to stick wi them till or if it get out o sight.

C'mon the hibs

GGTTH

We were saying the same thing last year when Hearts got off to a flyer ......they never did slip up  Doh

(27-09-2015, 17:14)0762 Wrote:
(27-09-2015, 11:35)ritchiebaby Wrote: I have always argued that our defence, despite it's frailties, is not Hibs' major problem. Not turning dominant possession into goals is. As far as statistics are concerned, Hibs 64% possession and 10 corners to 3 would suggest that we were the team with the intent to win the game, but, as happens much too often, we didn't.

I commented about a year ago that Cummings was never the striker who Hibs could possibly use to spearhead a serious assault on the Championship and as for the Malonga-Cummings partnership, most Hibs fans knew by sheer observation, post season, that this striking combination was not prolific enough to do it for Hibs. That same view applies now!!!!!! And yet we were already debating the same issue and the same frailties at the beginning of the season. Unsurprisigly we are again dropping points to inferior teams that are effectively parking the bus and that frailty will continue to prevail because the manager has not redressed the weak striking issue that is self-evident to any self-respecting Hibs fan. IMO winning the Championship is over and I want this issue, re the huge points deficit, to be tackled by Hibs fans' opposition/shareholders at the upcoming AGM - IT IS ONLY LATE SEPTEMBER AND THIS FAILURE IS TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's an extreme view but I believe the positions of certain senior Hibs people must be seriously considered at this time!! Forget the league cup smokescreen, we have failed miserably and it's high time that many Hibs fans realised that very fact!!!!!!!! There are lotsa lapsed Hibs fans out there who share that view and poor results should ultimately dictate the fate of certain Hibs officials (some of these officials are earning generous 6 figure salaries!) who we are employing to get us out of this shit league!! These fans will not return to ER any time soon and no wonder - we are still so hit n miss in a shit footie league, it's ridiculous!!

Another poor crowd yesterday shows you are right that cabbage fans haven't bought into Hibs being close to the finished article.

Like it or not you have to admire the way Warburton has put together a very good article for this league in a very short period of time.  Dodgy
"FOREVER UNITED"
Exeter, Warburton's big move was the signing of a striker named Waghorn. Didn't our officials observe this lad at La Manga during our pre-season prep game v Wigan and he had a good game against our defence and that was well before Rangers made any move for the lad???????? An opportunity missed? Of course it was!!!!! But that's Hibs in a nutshell!! Like many other sceptical Hibs fans, I regard Hibs as one of the fall guys of Scottish football and I don't see that situation changing any time soon!! Young family members in my family group view it the same way and no f####g wonder!!! NO MATTER WHAT WARBURTON ACHIEVED DURING THE PRE-SEASON, WE HAD LOTSA PRE-SEASON PREP TIME TO BE WELL PREPARED AND WE SHOULD BE MUCH CLOSER TO RFC IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AT THIS STAGE OF THE SEASON AND PRESSURISING THEM IN A SHIT SCOTTISH FOOTIE LEAGUE CALLED THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!! WE DON'T EVEN CURRENTLY OCCUPY SECOND POSITION AND NOBODY WILL CONVINCE ME THAT FALKIRK ARE A BETTER TEAM/CLUB THAN HIBS FC!!!!!!!!!!! Thumb down It's high time a lotta unsuspecting Hibs fans finally woke up to reality re our current position as a reputable football club that is accountable on the field of play!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »