Thread Rating:
Hibernian v St Mirren
hope I'm no' putting the mockers on this but I strongly feel a 4-0 win for Hibs coming on. GGTTH
(26-09-2015, 12:03)hibeejim21 Wrote: Anyone know where we are with anier, keatings and farid ? Are they close to playing again ?

Anier ....middle of October   start training on Monday?

Farid.....slow progress

Keatings better and should be back training fully and in contention next week

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Credit Saints but they didn't come to just put 10 men behind the ball. During our attacks they had one if not two up field with pace to catch us on the counter. They pressed us all over the pitch which should have left space behind but we were unable to thread passes through, invariably finding a red shirt. There were also far too many " Butcher" style aerial balls which were mostly ineffective. In the end they deserved a point. We lack out and out pace except for Boyle. The rest don't have that extra yard of pace and it showed today.

With all the contenders dropping points except Sevco I have an uneasy feeling they are going to do what Hearts did last year. This time a year ago we were all saying that the JT's start wouldn't last and they would hit a barren spell.....and we all know how that turned out.   Doh

Looking more likely that any talk of league reconstruction will be silenced.  Dodgy

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
You must have watched a different game to me mate, they were time wasting from the off and had a 8 man defence playing at the end. Thompson,goodwin and webster kicked everything that moved with the former very fortunate to not see red.

Typical hibs after a great performance midweek to kick us in the teeth like that. boyle is wasted playing through the middle IMO with awful cross after awful cross sent his way. Every striker we have signed still out injured.

That run of games up to the sevco game was always going to be crucial and today was nowhere near good enough.

Am away to get pished and watch the rugby.
I don't think so Jim. Most teams at corners etc would have all players back and when we attacked in general. If you had looked upfield at times like this then you would have seen 2 of their players usually wide on the halfway line . They also pressed us whenever they could high up the field which as I said should leave space in behind which we hadn't the skill to capitalise on. They played it as we would at Celtic / Rangers and so deserved the point.Do teams when they go to Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen etc ( including Hibs ) start off by playing open attacking football????  Doh  They end up having to do so in order to chase the game after going behind. Defend and attack on the break and their 2 men up front had plenty of pace which was evident for their goal.  Confused

Towards the end you expect them to defend more in numbers to protect the point they had,  as if we would have done anything different.  Huh

Stats say they had 2 shots and we had 4....not exactly dominant and good teams have to learn to deal with sides defending in numbers.  

They also say they had 10 fouls to our 6....hardly kicking us off the park    Dodgy    agreed there were a couple of wild kicks but what do you expect from some of their style of players. One of these was on Hanlon but the ref played a brilliant advantage and then went back to book their player.....well done ref.
"FOREVER UNITED"
They hit us on the break at ibrox a few times, but they are far from a physical side. Poor points dropped, they are not a good side.
I must say I was not surprised to see this disappointing result today. I commented in a previous thread that my big concern is we don't score enough goals and that is indeed the case - our GD stats confirm that weakness. We don't have a good sniffer of a CF to bail us out of games like this one. I'm also surprised that Stubbs didn't significantly freshen up this Hibs team after all the exertions of Wednesday night. During Wednesday's match I commented to my son that I wish Hibs had an accountable and able winger (it's a long time since we've seen that type of player at ER!) + a positive attacking mid player in their ranks as Hibs hit too many aimless crosses and free kicks (+ corner kicks) - far too many for my liking and it's no wonder few scoring chances are being created!! Also our mid play is too slow and predictable and how irritating it is to see a Hibs mid player who is not willing to take a risk and drive at a retreating defence - more times than most, a safety first pass is the order of the day!! I'd willingly sacrifice our League Cup progress for a solid and positive push to win the Championship - IMO the difference in priority is night and day and who is really that bothered with such a distraction to win a trophy that we've previously won and rather we won something else for a change eh!!
and ritchiebaby like this post
Aye spot on 0762. We still do not have the ideas and guile to beat sides that sit in more often than not. I wish cabbage fans would stop bleating on about how hard done by Hibs are because teams come to ER to play this way and try to sneak a goal . Its as though we are the only side this happens to   Doh  .At least St Mirren yesterday had 2 players left up to catch us on the break and not just relying on a set piece to lump in the box and hope for a break as other teams do, so credit to them.   Thumb up

Massive game next week

'mon Morton   Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
I can't understand how hibs fans can give them credit for that performance. The time wasting,play acting,trying to fool the ref and spoiling tactics aside st mirren played like a bunch of xxxx cloggers compounded by goodwin congratulating thompson for halfing one of our players.

Our failings are clear to see but let's not try and make out that we are ok watching that kind of shite.
Thats the point Jim, we are not OK   Doh
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »