Thread Rating:
Here's a good summary of that Scott Allan fiasco!
Club statement saying Allan handed in a transfer request today but he won't be sold to sevco. Lets hope they stick to their guns.

GGTTH

sorry 0762 didn't see you had added this to the bottom of your last post !
ritchiebaby likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
(28-07-2015, 14:31)Paigntonhibby Wrote: So, nae transfer request made yet, hasnae asked tae leave yet, can the weegie press no' be brought tae book over a' the " Please let me go tae the club I love ya cruel hibs bastards "lies that's been printed over the last week. Especially the back page o' the sun, that wis a cracker

How exactly are they are they going to be brought to book? And it's the Sun.
He won't be sold to rangers but likely they'd sell to some other club is that what tgere saying???
And Scott Allan has just handed in a transfer request.
(28-07-2015, 19:54)exeterhibby Wrote: Club statement saying Allan handed in a transfer request today but he won't be sold to sevco. Lets hope they stick to their guns.

GGTTH

sorry 0762 didn't see you had added this to the bottom of your last post !

Hibs will definitely hold that position exeterhibby. The club policy always was don't sell to an immediate rival and that policy is fairly common in the club policies of many Scottish football clubs who are in the same contract position and have no specific contract clauses (eg a player can talk to an interested club) to deal with.
However, another club could well pick him up at the right price and Hibs lose their best player - pardon my cynicism but was that not part of the Rangers plan all along to weaken a rival club? Ideally he plays for us during season 2015-16 and gets on with it but the situation has changed and Hibs support may well turn against the lad and regard him as a wee, ungrateful scumbag who deserves to do his training on a council pitch. I'd point an accusing finger at his agent, John Viola, who has previous form in situations like this one and I hope the fans' animosity does not happen as he has had a very good relationship with club and fans! I've always said the most loyal people to Hibs FC, and indeed to any football club in general, are the fans. This story just endorses that view again!!
hfcbounce and ritchiebaby like this post
I agree that sevco were never too concerned whether they got him this year or wait till next.  What was more important, I feel, was to stop him playing for Hibs this season. The sevco midfield already looks strong enough and carries enough threat  that they can do without him for the time being and then pick him up for free. Mission accomplished as far as sevco are concerned and they already have an advantage without a ball being kicked this season .  Doh

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
What's this pish about not selling yer best players to an immediate rival 0762(or Tynie)when hibs were in the top division did they not sell there top players to both Celtic and Rangers??
(28-07-2015, 20:47)Fredstersafool Wrote: What's this pish about not selling yer best players to an immediate rival 0762(or Tynie)when hibs were in the top division did they not sell there top players to both Celtic and Rangers??

Slight difference Fred in that in the premiership at that time we had no hope of challenging the Glasgow teams and the money was useful. This year our main rival is sevco and we had a chance of giving them a good run for their money towards the ultimate goal of promotion.

GGTTH
0762 and hfcbounce like this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
(28-07-2015, 20:34)exeterhibby Wrote: I agree that sevco were never too concerned whether they got him this year or wait till next.  What was more important, I feel, was to stop him playing for Hibs this season. The sevco midfield already looks strong enough and carries enough threat  that they can do without him for the time being and then pick him up for free. Mission accomplished as far as sevco are concerned and they already have an advantage without a ball being kicked this season .  Doh

GGTTH

Ditto! Admittedly there's nothing illegal attached to this orchestrated transfer manoeuvre by a rival club whose officials are well aware Hibs pose a threat to their aspirations for season 2015-16 and at the moment it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. There is no recourse to go to a higher football authority to complain about it either although I'd like to see someone in higher authority observing the situation with a view to applying some form of future protection in the rules of transfer, the role of players' agents etc - not easy all the same but we can see this system is by no means perfect and certain unscrupulous people can manipulate it to their advantage!! I pray that Hibs manage this situation in a way that we can still push on in the same way that Hearts did it last season - sound management and motivation of our players wouldn't go amiss and if Stubbs can convince Allan to join the campaign, great! If not, we must quickly look at an effective alternative! The challenge is to avoid being undone by this kind of destabilising tactic and rise above it - an acid test for Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs!! 
Who the hell is Sevco?

Stubbs is the only person screaming about this. Other than the bids not a comment from Rangers. And was there not a gentlemans agreement that he could leave for a bigger Club?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »