Thread Rating:
Walsall news
Walsall have re-signed Josh Gordon on a loan deal from League One side Burton Albion for the rest of the season.

The 29-year-old striker returns to the club where he spent three seasons after arriving from Leicester City in 2018.

He becomes the Saddlers' third mid-season signing following the arrivals of Norwich City defender Emmanuel Adegboyega and his former Drogheda team-mate Evan Weir.

"I know Josh well. I know his strengths," said head coach Mat Sadler.

"There were multiple clubs in for him in a very tight market for strikers, so we're really pleased to get it over the line."

"I've been speaking to the head coach for a while," said Gordon. "I've played with him. I know what he's about so when we had a conversation, it just felt right for me to come here and enjoy my football. It's a club close to my heart. I've always been looking out for the results."

Gordon, who left Walsall for two seasons at Barrow in 2021, before moving on to Burton last summer, is available for selection for 13th-placed Walsall for Saturday's trip to Stockport County.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Walsall have signed West Brom's Mo Faal on loan until the end of the season after the striker's stay at Doncaster was ended early.

The 20-year-old scored nine goals in 33 games with Doncaster, where he initially moved on a season-long loan in August.

"Mo is someone I have looked at for a long time," Walsall head coach Mat Sadler told the club website.

"We're delighted that he's chosen us to be the next part of his journey."

Walsall's Brandon Comley has signed a new contract with the League Two club.

The 28-year-old midfielder is now tied to the Saddlers until June 2026.

Montserrat international Comley has made 71 appearances since arriving as a free agent in the summer of 2022 from Dagenham & Redbridge.

"Brandon is someone we wanted to make sure we secured. He is a player who goes under the radar at times with the hard work he does for the team," said Saddlers boss Mat Sadler.

"One of the biggest compliments I can pay him is that he reminds me a lot of Adam Chambers, with the unnoticed work he did around the team and the vital role that he played, and that's what Brandon is for us."

Walsall currently lie 16th in League Two - but, in a congested table, they are only three points of a play-off place.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »