Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, Sat 20 August, KO 12.30pm
(20-08-2022, 23:35)hibeejim21 Wrote: The pitchforks will be out for Gollum thats for sure, he will end up like Clancy, nowhere near a hun game for the rest of the season.  They really think he is out to get them  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  I mean he literally gave them a pk that should never have been given and denied us a stonewaller ffs.

Like you say, if we had a proper penalty box striker we would have won that game. LJ recognised sevco were struggling down the Tav(pen)/ Goldson side of the defence and we made some good inroads down there.

Morelos is an absolute headbanger and has been for years now. To think the media in scotland talked him up for Barca  Laugh

Re Gollum, my take on this particular referee is that he should be nowhere near the big games v Rangers mainly because he has previously been pilloried by RFC and Hun media, consequently will concede to giving the Huns any 50-50 decision esp at Ibronx and will be loathe to give "lesser opponents" (who don't terrorise him as much as the Hun morons) any decision. I thought, for once, Lundstram got his red card from Gollum because of the vocal outcry from the Hibs support and some Hibs players - HOW OFTEN HAVE WE SEEN THIS SCENARIO UNFOLD FOR THEM AT IBRONX EH!!! AND NOT THAT MUCH BLEATING AFTER IT EITHER!!! My default position re Gollum's compromised status centres on an incident at Ibronx during COVID lockdown/no crowd when Joe Newell almost had his head kicked in by Hagi who immediately realised he'd given away a pk in Rangers pen box - GOLLUM STOOD ABOUT 2 METRES FROM THE INCIDENT AND IGNORED IT WHILE CALLING ON MEDICAL STAFF TO DEAL WITH NEWELL LYING ON THE TURF!! That incident was so enlightening re this ref's compromised position and there are lotsa other debatable Gollum incidents btw, some of them not involving Hibs!!
Just watched the Sands incident (Rangers v Ross Co, 1st half at 0-0) and this should be a watershed moment where lotsa people in Scot footie have to question why a Scot ref decided not to red card Sands even if the incident was at Ibronx!!! It shouldn't matter what ground it happens on - this ref had an unimpeded view of such a blatant challenge on a Ross Co player, seriously 100% no doubt Sands had to leave the pitch in ignominy, but the ref let him off - UNBELIEVABLE!! And he will be retrospectively charged by the SFA next week and rightly suspended!! HOWEVER, AGAIN THE RANGERS GIVEN A HUGE BENEFIT TO WIN A MATCH COMFORTABLY BY A MATCH OFFICIAL!! Thumb down THE GAME IS A BOGEY, IN DISREPUTE. I think the issue of using independent refs should be realistically raised because this is not the way footie should be officiated up here for their matches. It is a serious issue that never goes away!! I wonder how Malky Mackay will call this incident in his PM interview - an absolute disgrace, prob a kop out by a frightened referee - THE GAME DEFINITELY IN DISREPUTE, A DISGRACE!!
Saw that online.

The boy Sands is an absolute bombscare for a start off, but that was a stick on red card. But no way was that happening after last week where gollum had the temerity to give some decisions against them.
It's the fact this particular ref clearly saw what happened and deliberately breezed past it - all observing footie pundits watching it and flabbergasted as to why this referee did what he did; the journo, Tom English, scathing esp after the Huns continuously bleating re the previous ref events at ER Stadium - should be a "watershed moment" for the SFA alone to debate how to deal with this glaring ref problem!! The Rangers will be scrambling to get as many dodgy ref decisions like this one right up to the moment when VAR is introduced in November and PRAY THAT VAR IS ENFORCED PROPERLY IN ORDER TO ERADICATE WRONG DECISIONS LIKE THIS ONE AND THE DODGY PKs WHERE IT SEEMS THAT THE FOOTIE RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED IN PRO FOOTIE - "TOUCHING" ANOTHER OPPOSING FOOTIE PLAYER IN THE PEN BOX (OR EVEN NOT TOUCHING HIM AT ALL IN A TACKLE!!!) IS NOW DEEMED A PK IF IT APPLIES TO A "DIVING" RANGERS PLAYER WHO IS ACTUALLY AT IT AND SHOULD BE BOOKED!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »