Thread Rating:
Hibs v Rangers, Sat 20 August, KO 12.30pm
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/preview-rangers-h

This is a match v THEM that, in recent times, Hibs hardly attain any positive result no matter how they play (League Cup semi-final/cuffing, a Boyly master class, excluded) and yet Rangers clearly don't like playing Hibs in most of these games that are normally "tight affairs" until an SFA assigned ref "steps in" with some kinda dodgy decision that doesn't benefit our side!! Rolleyes This time we play them at a point in between two tough Euro footie play-off ties; we must try to take advantage of this situation for a change!! We just lost to Livy last week, a "sore one" to take, and the players really should need no motivation to take them on and try to win this match at home in front of a big turnout of Hibs fans. We have Boyly providing a big goal-scoring threat and I wish we had that second prolific pen box striker who can "bury" teams that Hibs are pressing and creating good scoring opps. One can only live and hope!! C'mon Hibs!!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Hope the referee has a good game
I predict he will be getting bought drinks all night down the lodge.
0762 likes this post
LJ should be watching the huns defending set pieces....That boy Sands is absolute pish as well.
Well the ref was great after all..... Not Laugh

There were 3 big calls in the game and 2 of them went sevco's way so let's not have any bleating from the huns about the refereeing. In fact the Lundstum red could well have been right as he lunged in and made no attempt to play the ball.

Other than that we still have lots of work to do, particularly on our final ball but we battled well the day and deserved something out the game.

Oh.... and El Fuddalo comes up trumps again Laugh Laugh Laugh
0762 likes this post
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-2-rangers-2

Just back and three words pass through my lips - TOLD YOU SO!!! This is definitely one of the most tempestuous fixtures on the Scot Prem fixture calendar (I'd argue it's been that way ever since our Scot Cup final win of 2016 when they showed no respect or honour re getting beat in the last secs of that final) and same again! And the "rule Britannia brigade" put in their place in the last mins of this match when Campbell's strike totally shut them up after them thinking they'd "nicked" a match they should've lost, let alone drawn. Just like the Hertz match, it felt like a victory with the Hibs support euphoric at the end of the match!!! Thumb up Oh to have that prolific CF to dispatch Rangers home without any pts as many of the Rangers were clearly "leggy" midway through the 1st half and "dead on their feet" in the last quarter of the game. Also Hun media bleating re the ref decisions they reckon were against them and trying to blame Bushiri's stupid action for their nothing pk lol!! Laugh It's because they are accustomed to refs giving them almost every decision and getting the important dodgy ones - THEY DIDN'T GET THE RESULT THEY WANTED EITHER AND SHOULD'VE BEEN HEADING HOME WITH ZILCH!!! Also some praise for Johnson changing it on 20 mins - got it wrong re no recognised LB, gotta be more aggressive v an unimpressive side that was definitely worth battling against with a hi press strategy. Big mistake at the beginning of this match, but brave enough to change it, Hanlon off, Hendo off. Well done! Thumb up And the fat boy red-carded at ER Stadium!! Priceless!!! Laugh
ritchiebaby likes this post
The pitchforks will be out for Gollum thats for sure, he will end up like Clancy, nowhere near a hun game for the rest of the season.  They really think he is out to get them Laugh Laugh Laugh I mean he literally gave them a pk that should never have been given and denied us a stonewaller ffs.

Like you say, if we had a proper penalty box striker we would have won that game. LJ recognised sevco were struggling down the Tav(pen)/ Goldson side of the defence and we made some good inroads down there.

Morelos is an absolute headbanger and has been for years now. To think the media in scotland talked him up for Barca Laugh
0762 likes this post
My biggest concern at the moment is that we always seem to be one lapse away from conceding. As much as a new striker is needed we also could really use bringing in an experienced CB too.

Encouraging to hear that LJ seems to recognise some areas need strengthening.
Johnson's post-match interview was far better than his pre-match one TBF. He said he'd like two more players in if he can get the ones he needs. One of them has to be a prolific CF - not an easy find btw. Is Livy's CF, Anderson, worth a punt? Not big enough IMO, but he may do well in an attacking team. Van Veen is another possibility, again unsure re him, definitely risky! Bring in one of Livy's CBs? I also perceive we require a really good ball-playing mid player to give this team, a project still in progress, some kinda identity and balance that they are sorely lacking at the moment. Re the fat boy, this guy is clearly a frustrated figure - out injured for quite a while, superseded by another CF, Colak, and not liking it one bit. Indeed probably wanting to leave, but nowhere near that massive £20M price tag that RFC want for him. I must say I like the Croatian lad Hibs have at LB, the guy who was "clocked" by the fat boy - looks like a vg player. Morelos must have mistaken him for Porto ha ha ha Laugh I classify him as an "angry man", highly irrational and easily wound up by lads like Porto.
(18-08-2022, 21:29)Inverurie Jambo Wrote: Hope the referee has a good game

The referee didnae have a very good game ???
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »