Thread Rating:
Stubbs to Rotherham
I've got mixed feelings about Lennon also he's got a fair amount of excess baggage but hopefully that won't affect him in Edinburgh. One thing that Lennon is he's a winner hates getting beat if he can install that mentality into our squad Stubbs has started the never give up attitude and if we can learn to play for 90 mins plus every game we should win the championship with ease.

GGTTH
Lennon got Celtic to the last 16 of the CL beating Barcelona in the process. You don't do that unless you have talent. He had them punching above their weight in Europe for sure..

He kept Bolton up the season before things went wrong. He's not a bad choice at all if he can keep that temper of his in check. He's a name manager too,which might boost ticket sales.

I share folks reservations but if gets the job he gets my support 100%
Hopefully jim if he gets the job it will put bums on seats were sitting just over the 8000 ST the now to break the 10k would be fantastic there's no doubt he can achieve success lets hope he oes it when his appointment is announced.

Well if the bookies are right he will be here next week
(04-06-2016, 13:46)hfcbounce Wrote: I've got mixed feelings about Lennon also he's got a fair amount of excess baggage but hopefully that won't affect him in Edinburgh. One thing that Lennon is he's a winner hates getting beat if he can install that mentality into our squad Stubbs has started the never give up attitude and if we can learn to play for 90 mins plus every game we should win the championship with ease.

GGTTH

Yes. I also like his 'rotten loser' attitude and, if appointed,  hope that 'rubs off' on the Hibs players as they 'hit the ground running' at the start of season 2016-17. How different when one compares Lennon's manner and attitude with Stubbsy and the way he went about his duties as Hibs manager. I'll ultimately place my faith in the interview process and Leeann's judgement in 'giving Lennon the nod' or rejecting him out of hand. At the moment, it looks like the former.
Yeah,too often we were a soft touch last season. I think that might change if we appoint lennon. He also hates craig thomson which is another big plus.  Laugh

I notice he is contracted to the beeb for their euros coverage. 

Looks like the club are going to make a quick appointment so we should hear next week.
I think it's fair to say he did better than expected at Celtic in the CL, the rest was almost a given. His time at Bolton was blighted by the turmoil surrounding the club, the ownership situation, the 160m debt, the administration looming, no money to spend, other teams sniffing around players etc etc. They played some decent stuff and lost a lot of games by 1 goal. Sure they deserved to go down but were not the worst team to ever get relegated. In the end while it is on his record, the circumstances probably caused the relegation more than the manager did, so maybe he should be given a little bit of credit for his time there.
(04-06-2016, 18:10)hibeejim21 Wrote: Yeah,too often we were a soft touch last season. I think that might change if we appoint lennon. He also hates craig thomson which is another big plus.  Laugh

I notice he is contracted to the beeb for their euros coverage. 

Looks like the club are going to make a quick appointment so we should hear next week.
if he's contracted tae dae the beeb for the summer then no thanks. we need somebody who's gonnae come in and gie 100% from the start. we've got european games coming up
Think it's just the northern ireland games paignton.
Aye! That factor, in absentia, certainly concerned me as well! Time is at a premium these days with the season starting earlier than we've seen in years gone by and I'd be curious to know how that tv commitment was debated/resolved at Lennon's interview. If it just covers NI matches then it shouldn't pose too much of a prob with one day committed every seven days during the initial group stages of the Euro Championship finals.
Club hopes to make an appointment Tuesday.

We met with malky mckay and his agent at the weekend too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »