Thread Rating:
Hibs v Motherwell, Sat 24 April, KO 5.00pm
IMO it depends on who we draw in the semi-final. Dundee United have won through to the draw as I expected and, as previously intimated, I would like Hibs to draw them in the semi-final as I don't think we'd need Gogic v them and their style of play suits Hibs "down to the ground" in what would be a repeat of the 2016 Scot Cup semi-final when the "roly-poly goalie" did the biz in an epic Hibs pk decider. I WIZ THERE RIGHT TAE THE BITTER END - NAE FINGER NAILS LEFT LOL!!Laugh Who would've guessed what was gonna unfold in the final v Rangers after that nail biter of a match eh!
Rangers out! That will make Hibs favourites to win the Cup now, yes?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Every remaining semi-finalist will "fancy their chances" now. Hibs will be the bookies favs due to their 3rd place position in the Scot Prem. However, I'd say many Scot footie fans will make Saint Johnstone the new favs as they have the best organised and solid defensive shape of all the remaining sides. I don't want Hibs to draw them in the semi-final! As said in a previous thread, Dundee United would be the ideal draw for Hibs as the guys know how to beat the Tangerines in a one-off cup tie - tactics and formation absolutely clear for the manager to deploy in an open match! I'm not so confident v St J as we're looking at a tight match with little space to create scoring opps - I'd describe it as a "killing stranglehold" in midfield that frustrates opponents and then they counter to take advantage. Therefore a strong discipline and focus must be instilled to not take them on with a gung ho mentality. As a Hibee, my biggest disappointment is that Hibs fans can't converge on Hampden Park in their record 1000s to back the "Cabbage n Ribs" in a huge vocal gesture of support for the team. IMO it definitely makes a difference contrary to what a lotta Rangers media people (and others) say re this issue.

GGTTH
Lord Snooty likes this post
(25-04-2021, 22:13)Lord Snooty Wrote: Rangers out! That will make Hibs favourites to win the Cup now, yes?

That cant be right? They are the "invincibles" remember ??

This is our best chance to win the cup since Tony Stokes one man demolition job on warburtons wonders. Laugh
0762 gets his wish.

St Mirren v St Johnstone
Dundee United v Hibernian
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »