Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dundee Utd, Sun 2 Oct, KO 12 noon
good point about gray,eardsley was obviously well short of match fitness and i thought when utd changed it in the 2nd half their winger made him look pretty exposed.

lennon really needs to sort out the lack of goals and pace in this team pronto.
The game was piss poor,hibs easily the better team though,it's the worst Dundee United side iv'e ever seen.
(03-10-2016, 00:20)hibeejim21 Wrote: good point about gray,eardsley was obviously well short of match fitness and i thought when utd changed it in the 2nd half their winger made him look pretty exposed.

lennon really needs to sort out the lack of goals and pace in this team pronto.

Yep! With the loss of Stevo already evident from the start, losing Gray at HT effectively 'narrowed' our game plan. We've already been debating for quite a while how Hibs look sluggish and, as you say, there's a distinct lack of pace. However, don't you think Lennon could easily change it to suit our midfield forward play with a mid line up which I regard as one of the potentially best formations in Scottish footie. We generally play to feed a striker or strikers up front. If that ploy doesn't work on occasions then surely the manager can try to pass through a defence instead and do it through a positive thrusting midfield set up?? I think Hibs are capable of doing that with the players we have available. I mentioned in another thread that there were a number of occasions that Dylan 'ghosted' into United's pen area and various Hibs players could've passed him in on an 'open goal'! Two passes to him by Graham and Keatings were woeful TBF and another opportunity was missed by Cummings when all he had to do was pass the ball to Dylan 'on the deck' for an open goal opportunity!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »