Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dundee Utd, Sun 2 Oct, KO 12 noon
This is a match v a misfiring United side that is already under pressure from factions of it's fans and is not currently challenging at the top of the Championship. I think Hibs can beat this Tangerines' side and I base that view on their last away 'flop' at the Falkirk Stadium. We need the 3 pts that will hopefully hoist us to the top of the Championship on Sunday afternoon and a healthy Hibs crowd will no doubt show up to back the guys at ER Stadium although I must say a Sunday fixture with a 12 noon KO is not the best and clearly is a compromise to 'rake in' much needed tv money! Stevo missing for this match but the manager has other options to deploy. I expect him to play 'three at the back' and it's a case of showing faith in a young FB or 'going for experience'.
I wanna see a more aggressive and pacy Hibs team 'putting United to the sword' and somebody else please 'muck in' with Jason and bang in some goals as well!!!!!! No more shots/headers past the post or over the crossbar or straight at the opposition goalie!!!! You'll 'get my drift' that this consistent failure is starting to irritate a wee bit! Rolleyes

GGTTH
MUST WIN.

MUST NOT GET SENT OFF
Hang on to yer hats lads, your favourite referee is - Craig Thomson.
On the subject of awful Scottish referees, has anyone else noticed the amount of time spent on some of the live BT coverage of Scottish footie matches? Significant time expended covering some of the crappiest ref decisions and lack of common sense that is consistently displayed during matches - very noticeable during recent games and Chris Sutton very much 'in his element'! Also how sad to still be debating that the presence of certain referees can possibly affect a match result, before a game even kicks off, esp in this case where our footie club is ranked as a clear favourite to win Sunday's game but have a look at Hibs meagre win stats when this ref officiates our matches spanning back to the year 2004 - I can count the number of Hibs wins on one hand!! Absolutely astounding stats and highly questionable TBF!! Thumb down
I hope my previous comment prevails that HIBS CAN SOMETIMES WIN GAMES IN SPITE OF AN AWFUL OR BIASED REF.

GGTTH
As we've said before sutton is an obnoxious fud,but he doesn't shy away from calling out the corrupt,cheating refs in scotland.
Craig Thomson has refereed Hibs on 55 occasions, with Hibs recording victory in 19 of those matches. You must have right big hands 0762!!!. Lots of draws also throughout those 55 matches, so stats certainly don't prove any bias against Hibs imho where Hibs have won over 33 per cent of games he has officiated at.
4Ooops! Did I say from 2004 when he approx started officiating matches. Recalculate from 2007 (when I started to take a serious interest in this guy's baffling ref performances that ended in Hibs 2 x Scottish Cup semi-finals v Dunfermline Ath and Thomson was downright awful in both matches again!!) onwards and tell me how many victories Hibs have registered and compare that stat with your own footie club. Also study how many red cards and yellow cards and PKs this Hearts supporting clown has delved out to Hibs FC and compare with a similar number of fixtures applicable to your own footie club!! Also tell me how many past Embro Derby fixtures Hibs have won with this Hearts supporting clown in charge together with PK awards to Hibs + red cards and yellow cards to Hibs players? The comparison of these stats is damning TBF! I've watched lotsa Thomson officiated Hibs matches down the years (something you have not done because you don't support Hibs FC) and, after a long period of viewing and assessing his general iffy behaviour/manner during Hibs matches, nobody (not even you!) will ever convince me that this man did not have some kinda 'problem' with Hibs FC until he was discreetly removed from officiating Derby matches in late 2012 for about 3 years and that discretionary suspension was no coincidence either!!
PS: I wish I had big hands but the number of fingers on them would remain the same anyway lol Laugh
Here we go again. Why are you bringing Hearts into this?. You commented on thomsons performances and Hibs meagre win ratio, which I have given you stats, taken from a Hibs site, to prove that is bollocks. His first Hibs match was on 12/05/2002 and resulted in a 1-0 Hibs win at Perth. The season 2006/2007 when you" started watching" his performances, he reffed Hibs on 9 occasions, resulting with 6wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat. Hardly someone who would appear to be biased against Hibs I would say. So because I don't follow Hibs, I've not watched Thomson referee- more bollocks. I've obviously seen him more than you because I've watched him since 2002 when he first appeared on the scene. Be honest, it's just another excuse for you to have a pop at his alleged allegiance to HMFC, which we all know is what one of your very reliable sources told you.
Hearts are merely mentioned because 1. The guy is a Hearts fan and ex ST holder in the 1990s - if he'd been a Dundee fan with a similar suspect ref history THEN DUNDEE FC WOULD'VE BEEN MENTIONED INSTEAD!!!!  2. The stats v Hearts are relevant to the accusation that he  has been iffy for years because they are linked to his observed partiality problems on the pitch when he officiates Hibs matches - many historical Hibs games that you have not observed by the way and there are decent damning stats on Hibs.net that show up the criticisms of this particular referee - it's literally a research study and why do you think it is so comprehensive??? Do you think it was done for fun Inverurie Jambo??? Also the stats for 2006-07 were relative to a good Hibs team that won matches in 'spite of a biased ref' named Craig Thomson!!! He was actually awful in quite a few of these games because I watched them from the ER stands and his consistent reluctance to award certain game-changing easy decisions has been evident to many observent Hibs fans for years! !And your end line is a laugh TBF  - trying to suppress accurate information with an element of doubt and that info re Thomson's past Hearts ST affiliation is 100% accurate and very well known in Scottish footie circles as well whether you like it or not!! In your own words - bollocks to that cheap little suppressive line that suits the devious motives of that particular poster, namely you! Thumb down Lastly, did you know in all the years that I've watched and played footie, I've never heard a Scottish ref's name being revered at any Scottish footie ground apart from one and that stadium was Tynecastle and guess which ref was being hailed on a number of occasions??? Yep, you've got it - Thomson again!! That says it all and I'll invite any reader/poster to give me another example of this phenomenon - they won't because it's unique and it aint banter either as many thousands of concurring Hibs fans know only too well lol!! There is so much 'muck' that I could throw at Thomson but I can't be bothered!! I'd rather refer to some great historical OPs re Thomson on this forum or on Hibs.net and Hibeesbounce that provide comprehensive data on Thomson's past ref activities and you can arrive at your own conclusions if this man has been 100% impartial  throughout his ref career.
Newhavenhibby. This Thomson issue is off topic and relative threads should be moved to hibeejim's recent Thomson OP.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »