Sports Babble - sports forum
A stay of execution - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: A stay of execution (/showthread.php?tid=6377)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A stay of execution - Salopbaggie - 13-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 22:56)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Sorry Gareth if Pardew stays into next season I will post a picture of me stark Boll**K naked   Rolleyes

Does this count as threatening behaviour? Big Grin Tongue Big Grin

RE: A stay of execution - Worldclassalbion - 13-03-2018

Graham Potter, Derek McInnes cmon really? Just because they have played for Albion doesn’t mean they will do a job. I loved McInnes but he failed as a manager in England and now doing well in Scotland. That’s no recommendation is it. The SPL is very very Poor.

Potter is managing in Sweden. Yes he’s doing well but hardly the best league in the world is it. Probably akin to league one here. Yes he beat Arsenal but in a one off anyone can.

If we take either i’ Get behind them but I still think Pardew is the better option for the Championship.

RE: A stay of execution - Ska'dForLife-WBA - 13-03-2018

(13-03-2018, 12:09)Worldclassalbion Wrote: Graham Potter, Derek McInnes cmon really? Just because they have played for Albion doesn’t mean they will do a job. I loved McInnes but he failed as a manager in England and now doing well in Scotland. That’s no recommendation is it. The SPL is very very Poor.

Yeah, I'm always very wary of clubs bringing in former players with half-proven credentials as managers. Always gets popularity points with fans in the short-term, but how often does it end in actual success? Keegan at Newcastle in the Nineties is the only one I can think of, and football was a different game back then.

I do think Pardew needs to go come May though, because he's shown nowt to suggest he's actually improving us, and even if half the team does a runner, I don't think the ones who are left will have any respect for him.

RE: A stay of execution - hibeejim21 - 13-03-2018

Mcinnes would be a solid enough choice for the championship, (tin hat on but I think that league is highly overrated). But by no manner of means is he an EPL manager.

I felt pardew was the wrong guy for that job and you should have gone for Michael o'neill who has worked wonders with northern Ireland and knows how to organise a team and get the maximum out of a squad.

RE: A stay of execution - silverbaggie - 13-03-2018

How's about Mark Sampson who did a good job with the England ladies team!!  (LOL)

Hope he doesn't make a racist remark to Rondon as he'd probably get his lights punched out. Whistle

Trouble is he's Welsh and we all know what happened under our last Welsh born Manager. Laugh

RE: A stay of execution - Alouion - 13-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 23:35)BaggieSteve Wrote: I think Southampton should appoint Pardew. As one of their former managers, he knows the area well.....and I understand he's quite familiar with the players' wives.

Baggiesteve - Interesting suggestion. Pellegrino has won just 1 game in the last 17. You know who they beat. How would the Southampton fans react if appointed Pardew in the circumstances?

RE: A stay of execution - BaggieSteve - 13-03-2018

(13-03-2018, 15:01)Alouion Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 23:35)BaggieSteve Wrote: I think Southampton should appoint Pardew. As one of their former managers, he knows the area well.....and I understand he's quite familiar with the players' wives.

Baggiesteve - Interesting suggestion. Pellegrino has won just 1 game in the last 17. You know who they beat. How would the Southampton fans react if appointed Pardew in the circumstances?
Alouion. I have a mate who’s a Saints fan. I suggested this option to him yesterday- I don’t feel I can print his reply

RE: A stay of execution - Beefy 1965 - 13-03-2018

Some interesting news may be about to break about a new chairman
Not sure what to think but Matt Wilson from the E&S is looking into it,so rumours at the moment..

Hi Matt, I'm a fan from China. Maybe it's not gone public in UK, but in Palm, it's already made clear that Li Piyue is now the chairman of WBAFC.

RE: A stay of execution - SomersetBaggie - 13-03-2018

(13-03-2018, 16:34)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Some interesting news may be about to break about a new chairman
Not sure what to think but Matt Wilson from the E&S is looking into it,so rumours at the moment..

Hi Matt, I'm a fan from China. Maybe it's not gone public in UK, but in Palm, it's already made clear that Li Piyue is now the chairman of WBAFC.

Li Piyue is already a Director of the club.

RE: A stay of execution - WBA-Josh - 13-03-2018

A good Chairman is the most important piece of the puzzle. We need a progressive Chairman with a three year plan in place to rebuild the club, get it back to its old beliefs, gain promotion back to the Premier League and stay there.

What we don't need is another John Williams. A "safe pair of hands" who is good when things are going well but lacks the initiative and knowhow to run a modern day club when things are not going well.