Thread Rating:
A stay of execution
Great post 4Eva. I think people underestimate how difficult it is to run a club. It is impossible to avoid making mistakes by bringing in poor managers or disruptive players. Like him or not, Peace walked that tightrope for 10 years, doing more things right than wrong, and made himself a rich man in the process. Moreover, he was and always has been a fan.
I am hoping that Lai and the CEO are working behind the scenes to find a suitable replacement for Pardew. He might as well see the season out now, the damage is done. I have to own that I have not got a clue who to bring in. There are plenty of Pardews out there.
Perhaps Peace might buy back the club in a year or 2 for a knockdown price and work the miracle again.
talkSAFT likes this post
I’m Gonna get shot down for this but no good sacking him now. I think we have won 3 in 38 is it? I’m now resigned to relegation but he’s the kind of manager who does well in the Championship. Failing Marco Silva or Someone like Gary Monk or Gary Rowett as I don’t think we’ll attract bigger, I Would keep him.

He’s tried to change the mentality but the players have been total dross. Let us and him down.

Just putting my Tin Hat on awaiting incoming.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(12-03-2018, 22:06)Worldclassalbion Wrote: I’m Gonna get shot down for this but no good sacking him now. I think we have won 3 in 38 is it? I’m now resigned to relegation but he’s the kind of manager who does well in the Championship. Failing Marco Silva or Someone like Gary Monk or Gary Rowett as I don’t think we’ll attract bigger, I Would keep him.

He’s tried to change the mentality but the players have been total dross. Let us and him down.

Whilst I agree that the players have let him down, I do think Alan Pardew's time at the club is over and it will either end now or at the end of the season.

As for his replacement in the summer, I think the club will look to someone young and British like Derek McInnes, Graham Potter or Dean Smith. I'd prefer Jens Keller but I think the hierarchy will want British.
(12-03-2018, 22:06)Worldclassalbion Wrote: I’m Gonna get shot down for this but no good sacking him now. I think we have won 3 in 38 is it? I’m now resigned to relegation but he’s the kind of manager who does well in the Championship. Failing Marco Silva or Someone like Gary Monk or Gary Rowett as I don’t think we’ll attract bigger, I Would keep him.

take the tin hat off
my own take on this whole sorry mess is to let him see out the season
and maybe JUST maybe give him a few games into next season
see what rats have jumped ship, see where are in terms of league position
and if it aint going to plan then get rid

just my opinion
Worldclassalbion likes this post
@Kristien 1965
Southampton have just sacked their manager now you just watch who they go for ?

My betting is they will move for someone like Potter or some young and up and coming manager that apparently doesn't exist,

Sorry Gareth if Pardew stays into next season I will post a picture of me stark Boll**K naked Rolleyes
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(12-03-2018, 22:56)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Southampton have just sacked their manager now you just watch who they go for ?

My betting is they will move for someone like Potter or some young and up and coming manager that apparently doesn't exist,

Sorry Gareth if Pardew stays into next season I will post a picture of me stark Boll**K naked   Rolleyes

hmmmmmmm
nope i`m staying with what i said
even if it means a picture of you naked
@Kristien 1965
(12-03-2018, 22:56)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Sorry Gareth if Pardew stays into next season I will post a picture of me stark Boll**K naked   Rolleyes

OMG Doh  Doh  Doh

Have you got a wide angled lens on your camera Beefy??? Rolleyes
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
I think Southampton should appoint Pardew. As one of their former managers, he knows the area well.....and I understand he's quite familiar with the players' wives.
Beefy 1965 likes this post
(12-03-2018, 23:19)silverbaggie Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 22:56)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Sorry Gareth if Pardew stays into next season I will post a picture of me stark Boll**K naked   Rolleyes

OMG Doh  Doh  Doh

Have you got a wide angled lens on your camera Beefy??? Rolleyes

Maybe mate but sorry I'm keeping it in my trousers Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Pardew can see out the season but when the end of the season comes, the rebuild is going to be so big that it wouldn't make sense for us to even consider keeping him (nor his staff) for the Championship. Not only will the fans already be on his back because of this season, but a fresh start should be just that - and it needs to start from top.

Replace them 2 we sacked not long ago with people who know what they're doing.
Replace Pardew and Carver
Lose and replace the players who would rather have a relegation on their CV than put in a performance for us; starting with Evans and Barry.
So on and so forth.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »