Thread Rating:
Town v Barnsley
(19-04-2021, 21:50)jjamez Wrote: Did Arthur fairclough know Al Capone?

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Gone for a 2-1 Town win on the Super 6 this week.

Just got a feeling that with the back four playing together again they will get better as games go by.
Play O'Brien in his best role, Rowe and Koroma attacking and making us play further up the pitch...just need a finisher?

Step up Danny Ward

Quote:“We know that with the problem Pipa has, he won’t be available. (Álex) Vallejo will continue to be out on the medical advice, over the next two games.

“(Harry) Toffolo is a question mark because we need to see how he reacts. We will follow the medical advice to see if he can play three days after the previous game.

“Fraizer (Campbell) won’t be available. He has an injury in the shoulder. We can’t expect to have him before Coventry.

“The other day, Carel Eiting did a good training. We will see how he trains today. Josh Koroma has been involved too.

“Yaya (Sanogo) is better, we will see today in the training so if he is ready to go.”

Off the back of the win against Nottingham Forest at the weekend, Carlos spoke about his side’s mentality prior to the clash with Barnsley.

“We are still continuing the need to add points. We are still in that situation. Now we need to get ready to play the next game and move on from that Forest game.

“We still have one more training to do and we are going to prepare as well as we can because we know how important it will be to get the win.

“We know that Barnsley is going to be a very tough game, we know it’s a derby and it will therefore be a tough game.”

Wednesday’s opponents come into the game inside the play-off places in the Sky Bet Championship, a position in the table that Carlos believes is well deserved for the Tykes.

“What they have done talks a lot about the merit. They do things very well in the pitch, they get targets maybe nobody thinks about at the start of the year.

“I am not surprised with how they’ve done because of the way they’ve competed in every game. The work they have done throughout the year is fantastic and that’s why they are where they are.”

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Carlos was also asked about the news around the European Super League, a topic that has dominated conversation in football over the last couple of days.

“I think there’s many games to play in the season we are in (and that’s my primary focus). Being honest, I am not too much of a fan of it (the European Super League) and when I am not a fan, I don’t listen a lot.

“I like the Premier League, the Championship, I like watching the Champions League with teams in depending on what they did in the last season.

“Everything that happens in the pitch is what makes football fantastic. You can have less money than other teams but if you perform you can win. This is what football needs.

“Playing a competition should be the result of your performance in the regular season. You have to achieve everything; this is the same way it should be in football as it should be in life,” he added.

“Everything we do is for our fans. It’s important to make improvements in our football but also keep the spirit of the fans. They are the most important thing.”
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
It's taken me so long to dare the dearth, I stomal missed the anagrams, so I've put in a few of my won.

Could 6 be that useless Hunt, Jack?

BTW highlights of the thread for me were Pete Postlethwaite and Mr Kipling's Cakes (esp Mini Battenbergs).
Lord Snooty and theo_luddite like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
[Image: yC4VpGI.jpg]
[Image: DPO6Bpx.png]
Rotherham lost 1-2
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Not a great half. A battle, yes, but poor quality football and not many chances.
Like watching Barca v Real Madrid every week if you ask me. They will eventually get to this level. How much are JP Morgan going to bail them out for just for those games? Yes I know, different thread but it will save football. Whistle

Goals are suddenly flying in down Smoke-on-Stench way

Blatant foul on Bacuna as we clear the ball away, they get the ball back in and score. Just saying.
A guide to cask ale.

Not the end of the world as we know it.
A guide to cask ale.

Absolutely battered! Scoreline flattered us. They were much, much fitter than us and played with confidence.
We were poor. Though not as poor as some of the games this season. Not strong enough.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »