Thread Rating:
Town 3-2 Boro
[Image: ucH8SHI.jpg]

Middlesbrough sacked Jonathan Woodgate in June shortly after the resumption of the 2019/20 season as they had only managed one win in 12 leaving them just above the drop zone. In came Neil Warnock who had obviously decided for the umpteenth time that retirement wasn't for him. It was a temporary appointment but, after keeping them up - they finished in 17th place on 53pts (one place and two points ahead of us) - he has agreed to stay for the whole of this season now. Despite him having a touch of the covids in September, they're up to 7th so far this season. Can we wipe the floor with them? When I say wipe the floor, I mean getting a goal and keeping everything crossed including the cat's toes hoping that we can hold on by the skin of our teeth. Well, probably not because head to head stats are crap. We managed a 0-0 draw at home last season, then they beat us 1-0 at their place. We last beat them on a soggy Tuesday evening in March 2013 (no idea if it was soggy but you know the odds) at the John Smith's. That finished 2-1 with goals coming from Alan Lee and Danny Ward after being 1-0 down, their goal having been scored by Scott McDonald. Perhaps it's time for history to repeat itself and Danny to get that first goal for us since re-signing?

[Image: mGc08Tf.png]

After this week's midweek results, we remain in 16th position on 15 points. As already mentioned, Boro are 7th. They have 21 points.

[Image: JzVqg32.png]
[Image: BG49JNt.png]
[Image: kCeR8wP.png]

Who is finding the back of the net?

[Image: SJGG3UR.png]

[Image: JHHgPGZ.png]

Boro were at home last evening to Derby and it finished 3-0. To be fair, Derby are having a shocker. The scorers yesterday were Assombalonga and Johnson. The other goal was an own goal from Matt Clarke, to add to Derby's woes!

The managers speak

Frazier Campbell pre-match:

Played for both

[Image: 0QiOAYW.png]
Adam Clayton, Dean Whitehead, Scott McDonald, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Jordan Rhodes

[Image: WtALvhk.png]
The many faces of Neil Warnock who has managed both clubs

Neil has had a colourful relationship with referees.

[Image: NeilWarnock-1107885.jpg?r=1554048759413]

In fact he's never been shy about giving his opinions.

Famous folk from Middlesbrough ... a selection anyway ...

[Image: FMV3aqc.png]
Jonathan Hogg, Bob Mortimer, Paul Daniels, Steph McGovern, Brian Clough, Chris Kamara, Chris Rea

Can you name this bridge that was made from Middlesbrough steel?

[Image: Xk2Wa8U.png]

Did you know?

Captain Cook was born in Marton, Middlesbrough in 1728.

[Image: captainjamescookportrait.jpg]

Lockdown would be no good for an explorer.
Where are you dreaming of going when all this is over?

Caption this:

[Image: 9331295.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery]

This thread may be a lot like my last one for Boro. 

Still awaiting press conferences to turn up on YouTube.
jjamez, SHEP_HTAFC, Lord Snooty like this post
Nice one, Chaffers. Thumb up

Yes, I did know about Captain Cook. Steph McGovern was on about him earlier in the year. There were loads of statue guardians out in Boro in the summer.

It's a blumming long time since we beat them. It's overdue. If I remember correctly, That Wardy winner was a last minute screamer. Might be thinking of summat else though.

I can't even remember the time before that that we won. So I've just looked it up. New Years Day 1986. Joey Jones scored in a 1-0 win at Ayresome Park. That's one win in the last 16 meetings. Blush
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Caption this... Have I got something in my teeth? Here let me look
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Nice one Chaffers Thumb up - that were t'Sydney 'arbour Bridge that were Chaffers. Long way to to send a bridge, especially by sea but it were a reet riveting job for the crims to put it all together once it arrived Darn Unda.

Caption this - "so then the Dentist put me a bridge in that looks just like the one on the Autobahn near Dortmund."
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
DW: "Straight up, Garry Monk says he has class, humility and respect."
NW: "Get the @#$% out of here."
Warnock's press conference put in OP
DW - "what do you mean Sue Beaumont is retiring - who do I get my free tickets from now?"
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Carlos and Frazier's pressers now included in OP
[Image: En6l_uyWMAAMEHR?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: En6m77JW4AM0SKV?format=jpg&name=small]
Terrible start to the game. Sad
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »