Thread Rating:
That will do nicely
The Robins made it two from two on the road as they beat the Orient by 2-0; both goals coming in the first half.
Young George Lloyd got a deserved start after his performance against Tranmere and had a hand in the first goal. Perhaps even scored the first goal although it was given as an own goal. Either way the ball was touched home from about a yard out and was fully deserved on the balance of play.
Cheltenham's first half play was superb at times and Orient had no answer to the sweeping moves which surely would result in a further goal. This finally came when a great cross from the left by Will Boyle was met with a glancing header by Albion loanee Finn Azaz.
Orient did have the ball in the net during this first half but, the player was well offside and the goal was disallowed.

Again, as against Tranmere, the second half was a comparatively scrappy affair with some Orient players showing their increasing frustration by indulging in some petty fouling. At this stage the referee seemed to start losing control. In particular Orient player Cisse was, in my opinion, very lucky to remain on the field when he forcefully pushed a Robin's player to the ground with the ball already in the keeper's hands. The referee took no action although yellow cards were brandished later in the game for some petty fouling by both sides.

George Lloyd was replaced by Alfie May just before the hour and, Azaz gave way to Chris Clements 5 minutes later. Finn appeared to be injured; hopefully only a minor knock.

So a fine start by the Robins and let's hope that they can bring this form to the Jonny Rocks Stadium when we finally get to play at home.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »