Thread Rating:
Players 4 Pounds 20-21 Season
[Image: 9yRcDpa.jpg]

TIME TO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH OR FAVE PLAYER IS

We're off again on our mission to raise funds for starving kids and the Red and Yellow Choppers that are saving lives all over Yorkshire - plus a few in Lancashire from what I've seen on the tellybox.

£130 was our total last season, an improvement on the season before where we just got over the line into 3 figures. Given Town's goal scoring and points winning have been at what might be called "a premium" over the last few seasons that's really no wonder. However onwards and upwards with a spring in our step and the hope that a new coach with new ideas and an attacking mentality might drive Town on to bigger and better things - or at least mid-table mediocrity or even a sniff at the play-offs.

So we've got five regulars on here and we'd really love to welcome some more on board. I realise times are hard, more than a few have been a victim of the Covids if not in terms of health then jobwise one on these boards. Still, there's far worse off than me and thee and we can do a lot worse than put a decent breakfast in a kids belly before they start their school day.  Thumb up

So how does it work?

Send a reply to the thread and name a player or players, a team or teams, matches between certain teams or any combination you like and what you are willing to pay for each time they score, win, draw, lose, get a card, score/save a penalty, get an international cap, have games postponed due to the Covids (lets hope this is a one season phenom) or shifted by those plonkers at Sky. Anything, Town related or not. Have a look at how we've mixed up the bag and pick your own choice. Hell, I've thrown Baseball results into the mix before now. It doesn't have to be full pounds either but birdseed is a bit more than 'tuppence a bag' these days so don't be penny pinching.

The totals are updated after every match (if I don't fall asleep for a couple of games or there's just nowt to report). At the end of the season we pay the money we've pledged per point into Just Giving pages for the above charidees. If the totals are high enough, I'll set them up by Christmas so the strain on your wallet/contactless card is spread a tad more thinly. Set your own limit. Just like playing the lottery. You know you won't win owt but at least you know where your brass is going. If you'd prefer to donate to another charidee - throw it out there.

So what's not to like? New Coach? New playaz? Old playaz that maybe still don't want to be here? New shirts, still with no sponsors name on 'em, wow, two season running. Transfer window that goes into October? We might even be allowed in to watch a match before Christmas?

Let the fun begin.

Anybody had a cold his Summer? Me neither.
This hand washing lark is working well but when are we allowed to have a proper shower? That's what I'd like to know.  Whistle

Now, when was the last time Town made it to Round 2 of the EFL Cup?  Whistle

Oh, and don't forget Stairs could use a few bob too to help keep this site on the air (or in the ether), never mind a chopper in the air.

[Image: tXQJEHr.jpg]

[Image: VHKFyBv.jpg]

[Image: flwsdSR.jpg]

[Image: rZUsazc.jpg]

Just Giving Pages

There haven't been any Stewards Enquiries since the final totals were posted, so I've set up the Just Giving pages that you can reach via the links below (I hope).

Thanks again to all of you for taking part and the comments. Thumb up

Here's to next season and being able to watch live in the stadiums and not via the anti-sceptic interweb feeds.

Foundation Page

Yorkshire Air Ambulance
ritchiebaby, Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I'm thinking!

£1 for Mounie, Campbell, Ward goals.
£1 for each clean sheet.
£1 for every penalty scored or saved by us.
£5 is we are 12th or above at Christmas.
£10 if we are 12th or above at end of season.

All competitions where applicable.

Are you happy now?  Tongue
Laugh Laugh Laugh Rolleyes

I'm going to need a spreadsheet just for you - top effort that AmChaff, update to follow. Thumb up
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

(02-09-2020, 22:31)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I'm thinking!

£1 for Mounie, Campbell, Ward goals.
£1 for each clean sheet.
£1 for every penalty scored or saved by us.
£5 is we are 12th or above at Christmas.
£10 if we are 12th or above at end of season.

All competitions where applicable.

Are you happy now?  Tongue

That's nearly as much as when you jumped out of that plane! Whistle
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
PS is that Top 12 at Xmas after the Watford (19th) or Barnsalee (26th) game? (Hopefully Town make it both). Blackburn is outside Xmas Day/Boxing Day so not counting that - unless you want to.

Updated, with full Sunday name.
A guide to cask ale.

Barnsley I think is appropriate being our home town.

You fitted the whole spiel in!
A bit of wordsmithing but I got there in the end Smile and OK - Boxing Day it is.

I was going to put you down for £1 every time Snoots scored a home goal if you didn't make your mind up soon. Whistle

Unfortunately both the Barnsalee FA and the PGMOL declined to provide a ref and two lino's, let alone a 4th official complete with an official time added on board for time wasting, injuries and substitutes for those fun and games, so idea abandoned.  Smartass
A guide to cask ale.

We're social distancing, in any case.  Whistle
Glad to hear that one.Laugh

The above had mentioned a lack of room under the duvet as a reason for not wanting to supply their officials. One lino apparently had said he doubted he would have enough room to get his flag up.

Or something similar.
A guide to cask ale.

Despite my best intentions - it looks like Karlan Grant won't be here to kick a ball in anger this season so I've switched horses to Koroma.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »