Thread Rating:
Final Day
sorry abut my erstwhile co commentator for the last 2 days
i was actually removed from the stadium for not having a press badge embarrassing to  say the least

but the final night
hope i have kept you entertained and in good spirits
and it occurs to me when the Proper games start hopefully next year you lot are going to put up with all this again

not much to really report on this evening
the 400 metre laser pen event has just finished
the jamiacan athlete was helped over the line in first place by the medical staff
we are not sure as to whether that will constitute finishing the race unaided
we are waiting for the decision   and yes the result stands  gold for jamaica
(any one else remember that chocolate bar jamaican gold?)

as for previous results from yesterday

the Yank won the "steal a t.v from the shop and carry it over the line"...his name?   Tosh Iba

confusion at the moment from the boomerang throwing contest as some damn kangaroo keeps returning it to the starting line  keeps Skipping back(for our older viewers

and i know you were  all wondering about the football final between the Outer Hebrides and Spain
after a delay of 30 minutes during which they had to clear the pitch of sheep 
Spain took and early lead after the spanish striker slide on a pile of dog poo and forced the ball into the net
no celebrations were offered

second half the Hebrides grew into the game and equalized on 60 minutes though McSporran
the drama was reserved until the 85th minute when the Hebrides were awarded a penalty
it was saved by the spanish keeper hit the Hebriides player standing on the edge of the penalty area and flew into the net

Gold Medal For The Outer Hebrides.....way to go
(you were all waiting for that one)

two more events missed
the  origami:  lovely paper folding by the Japanese origamiest   is that actually a word....anyway
a lover paper Velocirapor   hate see what they do with toilet paper after a dump.....we will leave it there

and finally

the archaeological dig looking for the reamains of Indiana Jones was halted when Indiana Jones Turned Up

so for the last few week thanks for tuning in
all i can say is thank you been a great games
and as i said earlier  you lot(providing i am here) we shall do it all again next year
along with European Championships

i will be back tomorrow to guide you through the closing ceremony where the olympic torch will be handed over to someone else

totally forgot about the chocolate biscuit dunking event.......the cuban left his biscuit in the cup of milk too long....disqualified for a floater
talkSAFT likes this post
@Kristien 1965
My Drone has not fully charged so I have been coach spotting today.
The award for the most decorated was the Greyhound bus which looked like it had been in the shooting contest.
Then I realsied it was from an old Clint Eatwood movie (Gauntlet)
Reg Vardy made a special appearance diriving a double decker.
I have a ticket for tommorow, so I will offer a round up of the final days events and the closing bash.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(08-08-2020, 21:38)Blue Baggie Wrote: My Drone has not fully charged so I have been coach spotting today.
The award for the most decorated was the Greyhound bus which looked like it had been in the shooting contest.
Then I realsied it was from an old Clint Eatwood movie (Gauntlet)
Reg Vardy made a special appearance diriving a double decker.
I have a ticket for tommorow, so I will offer a round up of the final days events and the closing bash.

coach spotting?...load of National Express running again
reg vardy is that jamie vardys dad?

and your drone will be shot down tomorrow for not having a licence
@Kristien 1965
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »