Thread Rating:
Not really got a pot to pizz in then !!
A statement from our outgoing chief executive makes for unnerving reading.
Jenkins states if we hadn't gone up we would have had to half our wage bill and even now we haven't got a lot.
Rumours were rife this week we will have around 20 million the rest will be from sales and loans due to the Pandemic,
Reading between the lines most of our business will be done late into October when we will already have played 5-6 games.
Worrying times but it seems like we went up at just the right time ....

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...-covid-19/
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Our financial position is better then most, we should be thankful for that. With a heavy heart I fear for lots of clubs.
drewks likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
How important was it we went up ?
Even if we go down again we will be stable and be able to build again maybe for a bigger push the season after.
Dread to think where we would be without promotion Confused
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(07-08-2020, 08:45)Blue Baggie Wrote: Our financial position is better then most, we should be thankful for that. With a heavy heart I fear for lots of clubs.

Unfortunately I agree BB; unfortunately (again) I would think that this really difficult situation will cause a chronic cash shortage for most clubs..... EXCEPT the top 5/6 who's position will actually be strengthened by their (or their owners) ridiculous wealth.
The ManU's, Chelseas etc will be able to continue to finance their own extravance and increase their monopoly on all the top players but the rest simply won't.

Unless the authorities make changes to the rules..... but we've already seen how they flout even the current ones!
Blue Baggie likes this post
Nathan Aki £40 Million proves that Drewks

£40 Million for a relegated defender, yet Man City can pay what they like Angry
Blue Baggie likes this post
If you hadn't managed to get promoted then you would probably have ended up in the same situation as us - fudging FFP, getting done for it and sitting on -12 points!! I've said this before, to go for promotion in the Championship you have to spend way more than your income, first to be able to compete with the teams on parachute payments and secondly to get in half decent players. The majority of clubs in the championship are operating at huge losses, pushing the 39m rolling 3 year losses allowed under FFP all the time but the lure of the millions available in the PL means clubs will continue to do it.

Established PL clubs can afford to do what they want, this keeps pushing up the prices and increasing the gap. Our owner is willing to spend money to get us promoted, its FFP that is stopping him so he is constantly looking for revenue streams that stay within the rules but increase our revenue just so we might have a shot. Without him doing that even us as a decent sized club would not be anywhere near the relegated PL teams that get millions for 4 seasons after relegation. Bournemouth, small club traditionally by any standards, will come down to the Championship, their matchday revenue will be less than half of ours or yours yet they will get 40m from the PL and now 40m from selling a player, if they choose to spend to try to go back up then we cannot hope to compete with them!!

Your best bet is to spend what you can very wisely, somehow manage not to get relegated and build from there, but its likely that a lot of promoted teams will go straight back down and then recycle themselves back up a couple of seasons later. That keeps the non-matchday revenue flowing at levels much higher than the rest of the teams in the Championship.
SCO is this 12point deduction next season ?

Or are you appealling it ?
Was the 12 pt deduction for the timing of he ground sale. Eg Sold one season money on balance sheet the following season? I'm confused. Derby did the same but they've all gone hush hush ?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(08-08-2020, 01:57)Beefy 1965 Wrote: SCO is this 12point deduction next season ?

Or are you appealling it ?

Yes it’s applied next season. No decision on the appeal as the club is still waiting on the written report on the verdict. Personally I think we take the deduction and move on, this has affected the club for nearly a year now!!

(08-08-2020, 11:22)Blue Baggie Wrote: Was the 12 pt deduction for the timing of he ground sale. Eg Sold one season money on balance sheet the following season? I'm confused. Derby did the same but they've all gone hush hush ?

Essentially yes, we sold the stadium, no issue with that as it was in the rules to be able to do that but we accounted for it on the accounts for the 2017/18 season when it should have been on the 2018/19 accounts. The key thing is we were found not guilty on the charge of deceiving the EFL, in other words we weren’t hiding this and the EFL knew we planned to do it but obviously kept quiet over whether could. Supposedly we had emails from the EFL acknowledging all this but those were not accepted by the new EFL board. Derby’s charge is different and I think about the valuation of their ground, it’s in tribunal at the moment I believe.
Yet Villa sold their Stadium for £50 million to their owners in their promotion season Angry
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »