Thread Rating:
The thwack of leather on skin Mac's cricketing oddity
Oh, that makes life a bit harder after the game.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Council ground
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

That would explain the lack of facilities.
A guide to cask ale.

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/5102150

At about 5.15pm yours truly attempted square cut at a ball which would reach the bat for about another 20 minutes ended up spooning a catch to point, all out for 47, I also it the last boundary of our season a Lara esque cover drive.
There was a bit of Symentry to this game, the first game of last season we had a minutes silence for the Duke of Edinburgh and the last match of this season we did the same for his wife.
Lost the toss and bowled on a wicket which at one end looked like someone had gone besrserk with weed killer, odd lift and occasional grubbers. Early wicket for Dave Lever, a steady partnership betwen McCutcheon and Ahmed, until McCutcheon was out, then Ahmed was caught, one ball before he was almost in Blackpool when stumped and was given not out, understandibly there was a bit of verbals, Ahmed gave it a bit of chat to out stumper who reacted as a man of 77 should do by suggesting a bat should be wrapped around his head. He was out next ball, dolly catch but kept shouting Take it when the ball was in the air, needless to say this went down like a lead balloon.
Managed to get my traditional wicket with a pie and the lad I got out I think is the brother of Nigel Jemson of PNE and Forest fame.
We were in the game until Abdul Patel slogged everything into the middle of next week. 174 was a tall order althou he got 0 wickets Danny Carter bowled quite well for teh self appointed Number 1 spinner in the club.
Dave Lever 4 the Skipper took two, James Rawcliffe took two and went ahead of me with 14 wickets to my 13.
Would we get this total, nope steady prpcession from Pavillion to crease and back, only Carter withh 11 scored double figures. Milner, Saul and Ashworth took three wickets.
None of the Flintoff mob played and it can actually be said that apart from a couple of them they were a bunch of miserable sods

As for this season

That's all folks

https://www.palaceshieldcricket.co.uk/in...ivision-6s

So it begins again compared to last season's first game getting to 82 was an improvement and the fact we managed to bat/survive 40 overs did give us hope for the future.
Decent track at Kirkham hard underfoot but not overly quick.
Lost the toss and inserted
[Image: D570-A84-F-EB06-4742-80-D7-E0-AD505-E8030.jpg](Messers Hankey, Richard (Scorer) and Carter discuss how we are going to play Bazball this season

Decent start got to 20 ish before the inevitable mid order collapsed, not helped by a run out, majestic duck to start with apparenty stumped no idea whether it was so wander off. Good late order recovery by Joe Blackburn making his debut and Tom McMurdo making his highest score.
Would 82 be enough nope, Reddy and Smith made short work of our limited bowling attack and duly bopped off the runs in just over 12 overs.
Anyway not to worry new ground on Saturday darkest Rufford

Kept up my 100% record of playing in Kirkham three games three defeats and three ducks.
[Image: 5-C4-A9-E24-765-F-4-A30-B205-C1243-C7715-E3.jpg]
Kirkham RGS

Lines everywhere

[Image: 35625524-F471-45-C4-9357-ECECEB98606-B.jpg]

So which lane was used as the boundary?
A guide to cask ale.

Varied as to were they put the flag

Been a bit lax on this harder to motivate myself to actually put reports on anyway we've played 6 and bizarre as it might seem we've won three, today beat the top of the league Vernon Carus.
During conversation apparently we were contacted about the second series of Flintoff's field of dreams hing with waif and strays playing cricket oweverFlintoff's car crash has put this on the back burner

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »