Thread Rating:
Black Hole
Exclamation 
There  maybe trouble ahead ? The  Premier League are looking to recover £340 million from clubs. Even if the remaining games are played. This could increase substantially if the season is not completed or played behind closed doors.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Now Wigan have entered the we have money arena, I fear an avalanche of others will follow. The people running the game have no clue. Could someone explain how a points deduction solves anything. Yes you get debt reduced. But if you have no income does it make any difference?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53269231

to be expected i guess
no revenue for 3 months
have to claw it back somehow
@Kristien 1965
".....The reduction is because of a £330m rebate the league has agreed to pay broadcasters because of the temporary suspension of the current season due to the Covid-19 crisis.

The Premier League agreed a deal with broadcasters that included a payment for greater flexibility over start and end dates to the next two seasons, the first of which will now begin later than planned.

The rebate will be staggered over the next two years."

Sky can go and f*ck itself as far as I'm concerned. Cheeky, greedy b*stards!

I preferred Football pre-Sky anyway:  nowhere near as skilful without the foreign players, but so what? The best British players would go and earn their money abroad, and those not quite upto that standard earned a Salary which was not obscene. We still loved the Club just as much - if not more!

The weasels who subscribe to Sky are ruining The Game. Angry
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
PL payments will be reduced next season by a reported £8 million per club.
For us £90 million will do just fine Big Grin
Well BlueB, as you say, the bubble HAS burst. I'm with talkSAFT in (general) terms of saying 'thank fook', and 'about time'.
The present nonsensical financing model is totally unsustainable and unhealthy in the extreme.
This (hopeful) collapse of the structure will no doubt be painful for some in the short term but looking forward, it may well prove to be a new beginning.
It may even deliver football back to where it belongs - it's true fans
Blue Baggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »