Last time out

PRESTON NORTH END 1 CARDIFF CITY 3

[Image: download-7.jpg]

DERBY COUNTY 2 READING 1

[Image: download-8.jpg]

LAST MEETING

DERBY COUNTY 1 PRESTON NORTH END 0

[Image: QVNIMTEy-Mj-U4-OTUy.jpg]

Another televised game to enjoy this time at the even more obscure timne of 5 pm on a Wednesday afternoon against the very inform Derby side who since our return to the Championship we have not beaten, this is attempt number 10.
Although only three points outside the play offs a defeat in this will basically mean impossible to get the final play off place given the fixtures we have  to come. Saturday's woeful effort does not suggest a surprise, need to be better in all Departments cannot remember when both centre backs had as bad a game as they did on Saturday, both full backs didn't cover themselves in lory and our forwards do not seem to know were the net is, which brings me to a stat I saw on Social media.
We have scored 52 goals this season, 5 by defenders, 44 by midfielders 3 from forwards a pitiful return. No doubt  one change will be Maguire for Stockley, given the Irishman has scored 1 in 30 games hardly breeds confidence in him.
Derby will be without Lawrence sent off on Saturday also Andre Wisdom who was stabbed and robbed in an attack, hopefully he will return as soon as possible finally the renouned Wayne Rooney will no doubt get thousands of name checks on Sky.
Tough one sadly think an away wins beckons.

Match Officials: Derby County Home

Australian referee Jarred Gillett will take charge of his second Preston North End game for Wednesday evening’s 5,000th Football League game involving the Lilywhites.

The Aussie joined the EFL lists last season, after taking up an educational position in Liverpool, but he has been a top class official in his home country’s A League for many years.

He took charge of his first Championship game at the end of last season and joined the Select Group Two list this season, when he has refereed 24 games, issuing 84 cautions and two red cards.

His first trip to Deepdale was over the Christmas period when he took charge of our last game of 2019, against Reading, the festive period was also the only time he refereed the Rams.

[Image: Large]
Their Boxing Day draw against Wigan Athletic was the only Derby game he has so far officiated, when former North Ender Joe Garner was on the scoresheet for the home side.

Jared will be assisted by Mark Dwyer and James Mainwaring, with Anthony Backhouse the fourth official.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Forgot to add this game is our 5000th in the league first club to reach this number
Lord Snooty likes this post

[Image: Eb2V9B1WsAIN1FR?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: Eb2TeJzXgAEwUum?format=jpg&name=900x900]

1 down at half time do not know what is worse us or the unbiased commentary from the Sky tossers, Two Derby one on mike, one in studio, Parry falling over himself to mention the fat Scally even for the slightest of things and every thing Derby do is world class. Should have been a free kick to us gives it to Derby, Wooney scores.
We've barely had a kick for about 10 minutes, Nugent running around like a headless chicken with slippers on.
Potts playing decent but Neil needs to make changes at half time.
Added nonsense of not being at games cold calls and have to feed a cat who requests food every five minutes, could be a long second half

Finished 0-1 had plenty of possession but apart from the last 10 minutes didn't really threaten, Potts effort straight at keeper, looked better when Harrop came on, perhaps sums our forwards up that keeper Rudd had more efforts at goal then they did. Derby had a couple of chances but defensively were excellent, season drifting to an end.
The commentary was abysmal so pro Derby untrue.
Anyway a couple of crap Yorkshire sides up both away.

Are you trying to throw away a playoff place?
(01-07-2020, 20:18)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Are you trying to throw away a playoff place?

We know our place usually 14th

Wayne Rooney was once again at his influential best as his delightful free-kick earned in-form Derby County a win over Preston North End that takes them to within a point of the Championship play-off places.

The 34-year-old former England captain curled in the only goal to secure a fifth successive league victory and consign fellow promotion hopefuls Preston to a fifth loss in a six-game winless run.

Rooney was the key figure, orchestrating most of his side's best moments in a victory that could easily have been by a greater margin.

North End's chances of celebrating becoming the first club to play 5,000 league games in English football with a win to reignite their own fading top-six aspirations never seemed likely despite an improved second-half performance and some strong late pressure.

Paul Gallagher had a fierce strike blocked and Alan Browne trickled a shot wide under pressure before the break, but the hosts managed just one effort on target throughout, as they slipped to a loss that sees them drop below the Rams to ninth in the table, still four points adrift of the top six.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post

I still have faith in you. I know I have predicted us to win on Saturday but I find it hard not to out of loyalty. But, if I were to ever predict against us, it would be against you on Saturday. I have alluded to that in my forthcoming match thread. Even if we continue with the win tonight (which is always too early to take for granted for us!), I think you'll do us over on Saturday.

And what I'd give for a 14th place! This excitement is no good for me.
Sadly forecast is poor so it looks as if I'll have to watch it, pubs are open though although maybe not in your spikey part of the world

Well it looks we might be on for lockdowns in Wakefield and here in Barnsley but I am continuing with my shielding at the mo, in any case.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »