Thread Rating:
Girls and Gin
Have they taken over from the men.
So many different wines and spirits tbh I'm lost  Doh
The good lady had some Demi-Sec Alliance wine followed by Strawberry Gin and Tonic last night (from the new gin store).
i see a Fellowship Sauvignon Blanc chilling in the fridge today and another Demi-Sec alongside it..
What happened to the Girl's Pale Ale's and Brandy and Babycham's ?

More importantly what's everyone else drinking in the brave new world ? 
I'm a Stowford Press or a Thatchers sampler myself Big Grin
4evaabaggie likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Diet Pepsi ......

Only kidding ...... Vodka and diet pepsi at home, shared with my better half or real ale on draft when the pubs / restaurants finally reopen.

Don't really drink in pubs ..... Just one with a meal. Usually driving so over the course of an hour no danger to other road users ......
Blue Baggie likes this post
I've always loved Banks's, Batham's, Brew XI. But down here (Cornwall) I love Sharp's DoomBar.

Just hope the Brewery are back working, and turning it out, in time for the Pubs re-opening.
Meanwhile I fill me boots with bottles of Merrydown.
4evaabaggie and spireitematt like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Banks''s is a personal favorite, John Smith's another, never keen on Brew Xl each to there own.

Let's hope in May sorry, july, August or whenever this bloody season ends we can raise a glass to promotion and the title.
(27-06-2020, 13:34)4evaabaggie Wrote: Diet Pepsi ......

Only kidding ...... Vodka and diet pepsi at home, shared with my better half or real ale on draft when the pubs / restaurants finally reopen.

Don't really drink in pubs ..... Just one with a meal. Usually driving so over the course of an hour no danger to other road users ......

What's happened to the ladies "Spritzers" - Cheeky Vimto's - WKD's - Malibu -  Bacardi Breezers - Smirnoff Ice 
Have they all been dumped into the history books ?

I was a Banks's man - well originally I prefered the slightly sweeter smoother Julia "Hansons" but alas they are on the decline.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Although living in the Scottish Borders, my local Tesco stocks Banks’s at only £1 per bottle. Whenever I go back down to Birmingham in the car, always call in at the Holdens brewery to stock up as can’t get this in Scotland
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
I like foreign lagers and pilsners. Tyskie (Polish), Asahi (Japanese) and Holsten (German) are my current favourites.

I also like a nice gin and lemonade when I want something a bit different.
..... ANYTHING!! Big Grin

A real aler at heart, and live 3 miles from Tenby where there's a brilliant brewery that does fab Real ales. Also really good in bottles these days - unlike the horrible fizz that you used to get in beer bottles years ago. So the same beer in pubs AND at home is now a real treat!

Only go for ales in pubs - the occasional really cold cider on a hot day too - but enjoy beer AND wine at home - a nice cool Sav Blanc, or Yellowtail Shiraz for a wonderful, and not too pricey, red!
BaggieSteve likes this post
Cask ale all the way, partial to an occasional single malt Scotch for a treat. Some of the craft beers out there are nice as well - Brewdog in particular do some great ones - but I have to admit, it annoys me a bit that supermarkets seem to have cut down their bottled ale selection over the last five years or so to accommodate all the new craft beers. I know they have limited shelf space, but it shouldn't be a zero-sum game.

Naturally you get fads in drinks like anything else - particularly for women, as beer tends to permanently rule the roost for men - and it wouldn't surprise me if alcopops have grown a bit dated in a lot of people's eyes. Not a gin fan myself, but there's a real range out there and a lot of stuff you can do with it to get a selection of flavours, which isn't really the case with Blue WKD.
You're right Ska'd, Brewdog do some good stuff - Punk IPA is my favourite, and my 13 year old daughter loves it too!
(I have always believed that kids should be introduced to alcohol at an early age; limited, moderated obviously, so it loses the novelty value early and IN THEORY they'll be more controlled ("cool") when they get to 16/17/18)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »